12/22/2012: Where will you be?

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
Because I'll be watching football.

On a serious note. There hasn't been a thread discussing the 2012 "predicted" apocalypse. With the movie coming out the little talk there has been about it has been in a movie thread.

I for one believe it's a load of crap. However, I would discuss it if anyone cares to.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
See that little box up top that says "Google Search CPF Only" ?

I forget how many topics there have been now on the subject....but too many before this one.

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
See that little box up top that says "Google Search CPF Only" ?

I forget how many topics there have been now on the subject....but too many before this one.

Hang on.

123.jpg

456.jpg

untitled.jpg

That's the first three pages. I went all the way to page 10 but didn't feel like any more pictures. I tried, you can't deny me that one.

Last edited:

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Because I'll be watching football.

On a serious note. There hasn't been a thread discussing the 2012 "predicted" apocalypse. With the movie coming out the little talk there has been about it has been in a movie thread.

I for one believe it's a load of crap. However, I would discuss it if anyone cares to.

How do you know that you will live to see 2012 or tomorrow for that matter? Do you know what tomorrow holds?

If you want to know what is going to happen in the future read Bible prophecy right after you get saved.

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
How do you know that you will live to see 2012 or tomorrow for that matter? Do you know what tomorrow holds?

If you want to know what is going to happen in the future read Bible prophecy right after you get saved.

Well if I made it to 12-21 that is. I might die tomorrow but my point is I don't believe anything is going to happen.

get-lit

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sure I''ll be glued to 4sevens website watching for their latest lights as usual.

flip

Enlightened
I'll probably be at work, riding around in a worn out 4 door Ford and dealing with people that are too drunk, stoned or stupid to even know what the date is that night. But I like my job. I like my car. I like my supervisors. I like...(we are no longer allowed to say anything negative at or about work) :sssh:

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll probably be at work, riding around in a worn out 4 door Ford and dealing with people that are too drunk, stoned or stupid to even know what the date is that night. But I like my job. I like my car. I like my supervisors. I like...(we are no longer allowed to say anything negative at or about work) :sssh:

Hm.. I've thought about this. In a few months I'll start riding. By 2012 I sure hope to have already been hired.

Either way, I hope we don't have many 2012 believers around here or it's going to get awfully busy. I already know what I'll be doing 12-20-2010 around midnight.

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
The appropriate answer is:
Reading CPF and trying to pounce on the BST listings. :D

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll probably be hiding from the crazy people who think the world is going to end, especially the Jehovah's Witnesses. Every generation, they go around telling people who believe them that the world is going to end, get them to think that by memorizing their horribly translated bible that they can earn their way to Heaven, and get the people to give all of their money to their "church". When the end doesn't come, their "church" leaves them broke, and not knowing what to believe anymore and with nothing to live for, many commit suicide. I think the last time they did this was in 1975. They're due for another fake end of the world to line their pockets with cash again. The Bible says in Matthew 24:36, "No one knows about the day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." The Bible makes it clear that nobody on earth will know when the end of the world will come. What we do know is that anyone who sets a date for the end of the world is wrong. Don't let any crazy cult members get anywhere near you at that time. There are bound to be some nutjobs that think mass suicide is a good idea. Remember the crazy Hail Bop Comet cult? Let's just hope that the crazies don't bring on the end of the world by doing something monumentally stupid.

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sure I'll be scanning CPF threads..................

Last edited:

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll probably be hiding from the crazy people who think the world is going to end, especially the Jehovah's Witnesses. Every generation, they go around telling people who believe them that the world is going to end, get them to think that by memorizing their horribly translated bible that they can earn their way to Heaven, and get the people to give all of their money to their "church". When the end doesn't come, their "church" leaves them broke, and not knowing what to believe anymore and with nothing to live for, many commit suicide. I think the last time they did this was in 1975. They're due for another fake end of the world to line their pockets with cash again. The Bible says in Matthew 24:36, "No one knows about the day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." The Bible makes it clear that nobody on earth will know when the end of the world will come. What we do know is that anyone who sets a date for the end of the world is wrong. Don't let any crazy cult members get anywhere near you at that time. There are bound to be some nutjobs that think mass suicide is a good idea. Remember the crazy Hail Bop Comet cult? Let's just hope that the crazies don't bring on the end of the world by doing something monumentally stupid.

I personally believe date setting is wrong among other things that many religions do.
It says no one knows the day or the hour but does not say they won't know the year and that verse is talking about the return of Christ.

"But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.

For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. "

1 Thessalonians 5

jtr1962

Flashaholic
I'll be on the forums I frequent the next day telling all the doomsayers they got it wrong-yet again. :nana: People saying the world will end has been going on from time immemorial. Given their track record, I'm amazed anyone listens to them any more. But nevertheless I consider these types of people very, very dangerous. If enough of the public believes the world will end, mass panic can ensue, and it can become a self-fulfilling prophecy. Therefore, the best course of action is to ignore the doomsayers, encourage others to do likewise, and do whatever you can to discredit them.

Sure, the world absolutely will end some day, but that's in a time frame which dwarfs human civilization. In about 5 billion years the sun will exhaust its fuel supply, expand, and probably swallow the inner 4 planets. However, there is also the possibility that the solar wind will push the Earth into a larger orbit while this is happening. If so, then Earth itself may survive, although not in any condition to sustain life. It will likely still get very hot first, probably hot enough to boil off the oceans. After the sun finishes its red giant phase, it will turn into a white dwarf, and the Earth will freeze over. Death by fire or ice or both. But we don't have to worry about it for another 5 billion years. Even if the most optimistic scenario of life extension comes to past, it's virtually certain I won't be around to see it (unless I hitch a ride with Dr. Who).