Fenix TK40 - Switches on with movement

l2lku

Newly Enlightened
Just received a Fenix TK40. It swithces on when I move it, without even touching the switch. Both ends are screwed tight. Would appreciate some advice. (Other than to return it - which will be my last recourse). Thanks.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
IMO the battery holder has too much axial play and in some instances the electrical contact is broken for a short time which is seen by the circuit as the action of the switch.

I would extend slightly the two springs, the one in the tailcap and the one on top of the battery holder in order to ensure a permanent contact.

l2lku

Newly Enlightened
IMO the battery holder has too much axial play and in some instances the electrical contact is broken for a short time which is seen by the circuit as the action of the switch.

I would extend slightly the two springs, the one in the tailcap and the one on top of the battery holder in order to ensure a permanent contact.

That seems to have fixed the problem. Man I feel much better now - nothing worse than looking forward to something so much and then it does not work right. Thanks Kilovolt.