Finally!, after almost 10 months of trying to get together a malkoff setup...

manoloco

Enlightened
The last part arrived (before this, it was going to be a G2ZL host with a Malkoff M60, but it got lost in the mail), after seeing the Vital Gear sales thread and looking at the E2C adapter (which was essential to this light), this is what i decided to assemble (as i had most of the other parts, and helped me save a bit)

ironically the easiest part (6P bezel) was the last one (thanks again to the post office)

Picture009.jpg

Picture014.jpg

Picture016.jpg

Picture020.jpg

Picture022.jpg

Picture024.jpg

and, YES, i love it

parts:

6P head+Malkoff M60+Vital Gear E2C adapter+E2E body with small bezel up clip+Z57 with a McE2S 2 stage switch

its like a super L1, i dont use holsters (i dont even use a belt) so the clip was a must, and with that body its perfect on my pants pocket secured by the clip, the 2 stages are great, tho i am looking for a 60 Ohm board for the McE2S, a lower low mode is what im going for, and the shoppe is out of them permanently it seems :(, i think i will follow Gunga´s suggestion and solder one myself, but would be great if i could find one.

how much time in regulation would a 17670 give me with the M60?

next: a moddoo triple xp-g drop in, i think it will run great on this host using a 17670

Last edited:

manoloco

Enlightened
thanks everyone, the pluses i find for this setup (thanks to the E2C adapter):

very legoable with e-series, since i think e-series has the most versatile and expanded options by Surefire and modders, this is a big plus, the option of using an e1e, e1l body with a clip is very valuable, like a 3P with clip and slimmer profile.

the clip is another big plus, coupled with a slimmer body than a 6P, is perfect for pants pockets, it even feels more comfortable than an L1 because the tailcap is smaller and thinner.

advantages of using a 6P bezel are bigger even, the drop-in market is big for this, and i think there is stuff coming that will be amazingly bright and long running for the options this host gives.

it is very versatile while keeping the package reasonably pocketable, and the price, well if you have the parts, the E2C adapters should be around $30 and you are almost set, the McE2S are out of production though so it might be the only problem, but you could use other UI i guess