single setting flashlights

MK9

Newly Enlightened
Other than the little key chain flashlights, are there any other flashlights (in any battery configuration) that are just on and off? :thinking:
I've been reading on CPF for a couple weks now the Fenix E20 is the only one I've run across.

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's no shortage of single-level lights available.

What battery configuration and/or output level are you interested in?

Petersen

Newly Enlightened
Other than the little key chain flashlights, are there any other flashlights (in any battery configuration) that are just on and off? :thinking:
I've been reading on CPF for a couple weks now the Fenix E20 is the only one I've run across.

SureFire "P60" based (G2L, 6PL,ect.) L4, L5

Inova, Maglite LED, .... should be more, just the ones that came to my mind..

Gunner12

Flashaholic
There are quite a few single level lights. Most are in the lower price segment though.

Some of the 2 mode lights can also be used as a single mode light. For example, the Fenix TK20. If you keep the head tight, it will always be high mode when you turn it on. If you have the head loose, it will always be low mode.

matt4270

Newly Enlightened
My 2 decent quality, single modes are a River Rock 1W/1AA luxeon (about 45 lums) and a Brinkmann 3W Cree/3AAA from home depot (claimed 145 lums). Both about $25-!

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF MK9.
Peak LED Solutions makes about 10 different models, each in a choice of two or three materials [alum., brass, stainless or Ti]. They make very high quality lights.

Burgess

Flashaholic
For 2xAA cells, the new Inova X2 flashlight
is now becoming available at Target stores.

Good Luck in your quest to find the perfect light.

:candle:

Oh, and Welcome to CandlePowerForums !

:welcome:

_

FlashCrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Dereelight DBS and CL1H are available in single-stage versions. The Tiablo A9, A10, and ACE-G have available single-stage switches/tailcaps. As mentioned, the Malkoff lights/drop-ins are a great choice. There are many other two-level (or more) lights that can be set to single-stage... Olights, certain Fenix models, EagleTac, Nitecore, JetBeam, etc. Keep looking around, you'll find examples everywhere. :)

cbxer55

Enlightened
I carry an old Coast LED Lenser V2, in addition to the Olight M30 Triton.
The V2 is the one I hand to others who ask to use a light. I ain't handing
them the Olight!

Nice little single-setting light, with on/off clickie in the tail. Can be used momentarily as well. Seems a bit dimmer when using momentarily, and brightens noticably when you click it.

Mdinana

Enlightened
Get off the internet, and especially a flashlight-oriented website, and go outside. Almost any auto shop, walmart, target, home depot, supermarket or gas station will sell you a single-stage flashlight.

I won't comment on the quality of the lights...

but multi-mode are more likely the exception, not the other way around.

corvettesR1

Enlightened
Romisen makes some very nice, low cost lights in AA and CR123.

They have wonderful output and are very compact.

For around $18.00, you cant go wrong with a few of those.

nativecajun

Newly Enlightened

Check this out and watch the video.

http://www.4sevens.com/product_info.php?cPath=93&products_id=1865

Nitecore EZAA twist head till light comes on and it is low power but not a real low output I just can't remember then tighten the head more and it goes to high power.

So for single power usable light just twist the head till the light comes on.

More power you have to twist quite a bit more it seemed by watching the youtube on their site.

Good Luck. I just orderded a Maratac 1 AAA in the plain hard anodized aluminum 20 grams in weight just the light. Three modes opens to default every time to the medium.

The EZAA is the same weight they claim for a AA battery. A neat feature on the tail cap is a standard camera male threads inset deeply by the shroud if you will so you can still stand it flat on a table or hard flat surface or by one of those little ball and joint tripods and screw the light into it and you can twist that compact tripod most any direction for hands free work at a tent or something. That also is shown in their utube clip.

I was impressed anyway.

Daniel AKA nativecajun

Eddited to say. The tail cap is female threads like to bottom of a camera not male like I previously posted.

Second Edit. If I saw this before ordering the maratac AAA I would have considered this light very seriously. One draw back for me any way is price. The Maratac AAA is only $21.95 and the other I forget but it was more than that anyway. And the max power in the Maratac is claimed to be 62 lumens. 1.5, 18, then 62 on the maratac. Can,t remember on the Nitecore but I think it was brighter on high output. I will have to check it again. What I like very much on the Nitecore is the twist on to the low then just twist more for high. None of this turning on then turning off etc etc for different modes. Nitecore EZAA Low 10 high 145 i think

Again Good Luck, and Kind Regards,
nativecajun

Last edited:

Latest posts