Who else is having contact problems with Malkoff + Leef Body?

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
It seems my Malkoff M60W MC-E has no love for the Leefies... It works 100% perfectly with any SureFire host, but when I screw a Z44-HA Bezel with the Malkoff in it on a Leef Body, it doesn't make electrical contact at all. I need to remove the bezel and press the drop-in all the way down against the Leef Body tube facing the posite end of the battery in order to light up. How to fix this??

Thanks in advance.

manoloco

Enlightened
try an O-ring between the bezel and the drop-in (has to be the same internal diameter of the bezel) this way your setup is more shock protected and you can also use a glow in the dark one.

i dont know leef bodies but if theres some other sort of connection in the bottom you can try this:

cut a keyring (find a size almost the same as the border of the malkoff, cut it so there is only 1 ring (as opposed to having 2 turns which almost all keyrings have), and leave a gap for managing the diameter tolerance.

sand and polish both ends to prevent scratching the inside of the body, and put it between the body and the drop-in

-again i dont know how the leefies make contact because i havent used one, but i would go with option 1

will work like a charm.

Last edited:

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I had a problem with a Leef body, and it was due to too much HA at the top of the body, inside and not a good electrical connection. In my case it concerned using a SF KT1/2 head. Malkoff does not have that outside spring so contact can become a problem with some bodies.

Bill

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a problem with a Leef body, and it was due to too much HA at the top of the body, inside and not a good electrical connection. In my case it concerned using a SF KT1/2 head. Malkoff does not have that outside spring so contact can become a problem with some bodies.

Bill
My KT2-HA works like charm on my Leefies. I'm having problems only with Malkoff Devices. I'll try to make a contact ring using bare electrical wires.

bagman

Enlightened
I use one of Gene's copper washers designed to use with the shock isolated bezels with my Leaf tube, works a charm

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Foil, 1 ring off a drop-in outer spring, the Malkoff washer, old wire, bread tie with the plastic stripped off and shaped into a circle. Lots of stuff works.

If you get right down to it you could always do a little anno removal in there with some sandpaper to make it easier.

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have two Leef bodies and they are both very temperamental
with which dropins work and which do not.
Both my KT-1s and Malkoff do not work unless a metal washer is used
On one of my Leef bodies, a metal washer is also needed for a SW02
tailcap as well :(

txgp17

Enlightened
I got two Leef bodies with M60's. In each, I had to fold aluminum foil over, and then wrap it around the tapered circumference of the M60. Now they both work like a charm.