• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired TRADED $139 ASPHERIC Mag SST-50

Hammer Train

Banned
This is aspheric SST-50 in a Camo 3D mag using the 2.8a Shiningbeam driver with 3 modes - High, Medium, Low. It's a great light that runs off 3*D sized NimH cells, and the beam is completely adjustable by twisting the head from completely focused on the die giving a square beam focused perfectly on the die to a floody white beam. I've found the focusing ability makes this a really useful light from amazing throw to lighting up a field!

If you like I can add V10 glow powder in 2ton clear epoxy around the emitter for no extra charge.

Image261.jpg

Image262.jpg

$199 - NOW $149 - NOW $139!!! Pics show a nanomiser bezel attached.

Last edited:

Hammer Train

Banned
Re: FS: ASPHERIC Mag SST-50

Great question! I received my x6 today and it replaces this light albeit at more than twice the price! It was because of this build that i realise how useful an adjustable aspheric light like this is and ordered one myself! The output is obviously not as bright as the x6 but apart from that it's function and usefulness is very similar. I would say if you didn't get an x6 them buy this one at half the price or build one yourself!

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FSOT: *PICS ADDED* ASPHERIC Mag SST-50

No beamshots Peter ??? :poke: :D

Hammer Train

Banned
Re: NOW $149 ASPHERIC Mag SST-50

PRICE REDUCED TO $149 WITH STOCK BEZEL

BEZEL AVAILABLE SEPARATELY FOR $40

gadagain

Newly Enlightened
Re: ONLY $139 ASPHERIC Mag SST-50

Do you got any lux numbers ??
How does it trows when compared to a cree xre aspherical one ?

Hammer Train

Banned

Do you got any lux numbers ??
How does it trows when compared to a cree xre aspherical one ?

No lux numbers, don't have a light meter :sick2:.

It does not throw as far as my xre one, however the beam is several times wider when completely focused so I wouldn't expect it too. IMO it is a much more useful beam, both very impressive for the oo-ahh crowd(!) and functional too. I'm going to pull it if it does't sell in the next 24hrs, all I can say is that I was extremely impressed with the light and that the buyer will be too :thumbsup:

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

No lux numbers, don't have a light meter :sick2:.

It does not throw as far as my xre one, however the beam is several times wider when completely focused so I wouldn't expect it too. IMO it is a much more useful beam, both very impressive for the oo-ahh crowd(!) and functional too. I'm going to pull it if it does't sell in the next 24hrs, all I can say is that I was extremely impressed with the light and that the buyer will be too :thumbsup:

Hi

It was right at 700 lumen which is 3X the lumen of a XRE and with the heat sink it is on it doesn't lose lumen very fast at all. It actually goes up for the first few seconds as it builds amperage.

Dave

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Are you by chance interested in any trades?
I've got an extra McGizmo Sapphire that I'm thinking of putting up for sale (very very close to mint). If there's anything else you might be interested in, let me know. I probably have one (whether I want to part with it, that depends!)

Hammer Train

Banned

Hi

It was right at 700 lumen which is 3X the lumen of a XRE and with the heat sink it is on it doesn't lose lumen very fast at all. It actually goes up for the first few seconds as it builds amperage.

Dave

Thanks Dave :thumbsup: . Dave made this one for me in another host and I transferred the innards from the light it came in into this one. I'm only selling 'cause I was lucky enough to get an X6 second!!!!

Hammer Train

Banned

Are you by chance interested in any trades?
I've got an extra McGizmo Sapphire that I'm thinking of putting up for sale (very very close to mint). If there's anything else you might be interested in, let me know. I probably have one (whether I want to part with it, that depends!)

Well, the sapphire's not for me but I AM interested in trades - always :crackup: pm sent