Multi Mode P60 Drop in with Surefire 6P

Gatsby

Enlightened
Does anyone use a multimode drop in with a 6P and standard tailcap? How easy/hard is it to switch modes and keep the one you like while twisting the tailcap? Or do you pretty much have to replace it with a clickie?

bansuri

Enlightened
Not a problem at all. It's a little more work than a clicky, but not bad.
If you have no need for disco modes buy a dropin that doesn't have them or you'll have to pass by them every time you change modes. (if it has mode memory)

lightinsky

Enlightened
Does anyone use a multimode drop in with a 6P and standard tailcap? How easy/hard is it to switch modes and keep the one you like while twisting the tailcap? Or do you pretty much have to replace it with a clickie?

I use this in my G2

C:\Documents and Settings\Alex\My Documents\Flashlight Stuff\DealExtreme 17593 $11_39 Cree R2-WC 3-Mode + 0~100% LED Drop-in Module for WF-502B and Flashlights Alike (3_6V~8_4V).mht

SFG2Lman

Enlightened
i have a hi-med-lo sst-90 dropin for my 6P and i love it, modes are easy to switch to and easy to find

the only issue i have is that if i use momentary on, and then decide to twist it down, it obviously turns off for a second while i remove my thumb and tighten, the threshold for mode switch is off/on within 3 seconds, so when i twist it down it comes on in the next mode in the series not the one i had it on before, once i realized this it wasn't really an issue, just planned ahead one mode

kramer5150

Flashaholic
I had modoo bore mine for 18650 and use the DX:MCE with stock Z41 tail cap. I never had a problem with it, but its only a 3 mode UI.;)

lightinsky

Enlightened
Get the DX 17593 0-100% R2 module. Works like a charm. No strobe or sos bull.

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the 3-stage Dereelight 3SM drop-in in my 6P, soon to be transferred to a Z2.

I wish Mr. Malkoff made a multi-mode. On second thought, no, because then I would be tempted to buy more flashlights to put them in.

Last edited: