New guy hello: "I have a problem"...

PhilR.

Newly Enlightened
My name is PhilR., and I have a problem. Here's my story....

It all started so easily. A couple of Surefires several years ago for the wifey and I to use when camping. Then earlier this year she found a Fenix P1D to carry in her purse. What a neat little flashlight! I finally decided I wanted a better EDC than the Photon on my keychain, and started to research the subject on the internet.

Then I found you guys. Then I started my descent into the bright side. Now I see what they mean when they say "don't go towards the light!". Over the space of about six weeks, I've added a NiteCore EZ123 and a LumaPower LM33 to keep in the gloveboxes of the VW and the truck, and a LumaPower MRV SK v1.1 to keep in the travel trailer. I also got a Maratac to be my EDC, but my wife took it for her new EDC and put the Fenix in the glovebox of her SUV. Devastated by this loss (ok, not really), I consoled myself by ordering an Incendio V3, which has yet to arrive.

I also got a JETBeam Jet 1 Pro to give as a present, but after opening the box, my hands got shaky just thinking about having to part with it, and so I decided I just couldn't let it go. It has replaced my Surefire as my all-round-do-it-all-show-off-to-others flashlight. I'm afraid to show it to my wife, as she might swipe that one too (just like she did with my Glock). Hmm, now that I think about it, maybe I should show it to her, and then just get myself a Ra clicky. Oh geez, where will this end? I can't stop myself........

regards,
PhilR.
soon to be homeless, surrounded by flashlights.....

Databyter

Enlightened
There is only one piece of advice I can give you that will alleviate your stress as a Flash-o-holic.

Buy cool lights.

Seriously though it sounds like you have some good ones there for a while, but Christmas is coming up and they make great gifts, even for kids.

SFG2Lman

Enlightened
the only thing that will save you now is disconnecting your internet and never returning to this site :nana:
:welcome:

Kestrel

Flashaholic
It all started so easily. A couple of Surefires several years ago for the wifey and I to use when camping. [...]
Then I found you guys. Then I started my descent into the bright side. [...]
Dude, that is EXACTLY how I started. Two SureFires for my wife and I. THEN I found CPF. :crazy: :broke: LOL. :welcome:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF, Phil. Lucky you to have a wife who's likes lights too. On the other hand you may not be able to say, "Oh that's just my old light", when she spots a new one. Tread carefully.

Geoff