Problem with Surefire 6PL P60L LED module

LazyLoki

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys,

This is my first post so excuse me for just jumping straight in with a question. I've got a surefire 6p led torch and it seems as though there's something wrong with it. The output is intermittent with it rapidly flickering. This happens both when I screw the end in all the way to lock the flashlight to 'on' and when I use the tail-cap button.

At first I suspected that the batteries were on they way out but having swapped them for new ones (surefire branded) the problem is still there.

The only other thing I can think of is corrosion on the contacts but Ive taken it apart and they seem fine...

Anyone got any ideas?

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Re: Problem with Surefire 6P LED

I have the P60 LED module for the 6PL running in one of my 6P's, and have never had a flickering problem. How long have you had the light? Do you have a 6P body handy to try the module in? Do you have a DMM, or voltage meter to check the CR123's? Is the 6PL body stock, not bored out? Just thinking out loud here.

Bill

Viper715

Enlightened
Re: Problem with Surefire 6P LED

Take a key or any other conductive metalic object, piece of wire or such and with the batteries in and the tail cap off connect the negative of the batteries to the metal body and see if there is still the same issue. If not then it is the switch if you still have a problem check the spring on the drop in for any noticeable problems like the solder coming off. If there is still a problem I would say it is inside the circuitry of the drop in itself and you should be able to contact Surefire via PHONE 800-828-8809 and they will send you a new drop in at no cost to you.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF!

To avoid confusion it is better to refer to the model number "6PL" rather than the model name "6P LED".
The same goes for the P60L (rather than P60 LED) LED Lamp Assembly.

I hope you get it sorted out when you call SureFire.