Which Inova for edc?

nnmnu

Newly Enlightened
I was looking at either the T1 or the inforce 6v white. Does anybody have both of these and can offer some insight?

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was looking at either the T1 or the inforce 6v white. Does anybody have both of these and can offer some insight?
They are both fantastic little lights, the Inforce is even better because it weights nothing due to carbon fiber. Buy both if you can...

asdalton

Flashlight Enthusiast
The T1-MP (current version T1) has a floody beam, somewhat like the Surefire L4 but with a lot more runtime. The T2-MP has more output and a lot more throw. From the online photos (body shape), I would guess that the Inforce 6V is similar in performance to the T2-MP.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
Personally, I like the new Inova XO. I think it's around the brightness of my 2008 T1 but is cheaper. Fry's Electronics had it for $33. It's the newest one that just came out. Neither of those other two choices has stainless steel on both ends to make it tougher for drops. For EDC, I prefer a light that isn't black so I can find it when I need it or in case I drop it. Natural HAIII anodize lasts longer than black and doesn't show scratches as easily. It has a warmer tint than my 2008 T1 and is now my warmest tinted light. It has a flawless beam with great throw, enough flood, and a good transition between the two with no gaps in the light. It is one of the best regulated lights I own. No decrease in normal brightness even using an AW 14670 protected li-ion cell, though it only ran for 1 hour and 10 minutes on the 1100 mA cell. It has a twisty switch so there is no weak point in the light to make it fail.

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have the inforce but the T-1 is a great light.The T-1 is often my "coat pocket" light.Though it is not a true neutral or warm LED it is much better outdoors than the typical cool tinted LEDs.

nnmnu

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the help guys I think im going with the Inforce.

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Personally, I like the new Inova XO. I think it's around the brightness of my 2008 T1 but is cheaper. Fry's Electronics had it for $33. It's the newest one that just came out. Neither of those other two choices has stainless steel on both ends to make it tougher for drops. For EDC, I prefer a light that isn't black so I can find it when I need it or in case I drop it. Natural HAIII anodize lasts longer than black and doesn't show scratches as easily. It has a warmer tint than my 2008 T1 and is now my warmest tinted light. It has a flawless beam with great throw, enough flood, and a good transition between the two with no gaps in the light. It is one of the best regulated lights I own. No decrease in normal brightness even using an AW 14670 protected li-ion cell, though it only ran for 1 hour and 10 minutes on the 1100 mA cell. It has a twisty switch so there is no weak point in the light to make it fail.
Tell us more about the new XO... INOVA does not say anything about it on their website. They only show the old reflectored XO with the ancient Luxeon...

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just about all of Inova's line of flashlights has just been updated. Most are using a new K2 that seems to be about 10 lumens per watt better than the one in last year's T series lights. The new T1 is now 110 lumens instead of 100. The XO3 is 135 lumens, the 2 123A Bolt is 125. The only ones that don't seem to use K2s are the X1, X2, and of course the X5. These newer K2s seem to have a warmer tint than last year's K2s. My new XO has a textured reflector and is around the brightness of my 2008 T1 with more throw. I'd guess it is similar to the T2 in beam pattern. It's hard to tell exact brightness in lumens as it has a different beam pattern than the T1. On a white wall, the XO looks dimmer because the T1 reflects more light back because of it's less warm tint. In the field, the XO looks brighter. I haven't used it enough on hikes yet to determine runtime on primaries.

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do we know for sure we are getting TFFC K2s and not just warmer versions of the old less efficient K2s? My 2AA Bolt is warmer than my T-1 but the LED does not have the grid pattern of "holes"(when magnified) that are on the T-1's TFFC K2.The same "hole" grid pattern is visible on my Rebel LED lights as well.