The Eagletac T20/P20 strobe acivation is getting fixed/better

DigMe

Enlightened
Good news - one dealer hinted at this change and another just told me:

the T20C2 (and I assume P20C2) strobe activation on the next batch is being changed. Currently it strobes if you activate the light within 3 seconds of turning it off. That is being changed to 1 second. Much more practical although I would prefer the ability to disable.
So much for those legendary beta-testers, huh? Actual customers > beta groups. Just ask New Coke.

I really hope that there is some sort of retrofit option on that for current owners.
Sorry if this has already been said somewhere but I didn't see it.
brad

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
1 Second is still too long.

They should make a poll and see what people say..

The delay in the nitecore extreme is good, somewhere around 400ms

DigMe

Enlightened
Or just get rid of the damn thing. I bet that's what most people would vote for.

Yup. But to be fair I knew it had strobe when I bought it...just didn't realize how easy it would be to accidentally activate. It was their brightest light in that size I think and the other lights didn't have the lower low mode. That was why I got it.

brad

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would also vote for a much smaller interval, like 1/4 of a second. Chances are if you are turning the light off and on in such a short time, you are trying to strobe it anyway. Perhaps they should also make the activation require 3 presses, not 2.

Sig32

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys. The T20 is my first light and I had been reading about the whole strobe controversy since it was introduced and was actually holding out to see if it would be resolved. However, when they went on clearance, I couldn't resist and decided to take my chances. I just got it today and after playing with it, I must say that it is a nuisance that the strobe activates so easily. Other than that I love the light and I am confident this is the first in a future collection. My question though for the experienced is if it is realistic that this upcoming fix/mod will be available for existing lights or will it be that one would have to buy a new light all together? I have no idea how the UI's work so I didn't know if this would even be possible.

Vesper

Enlightened
One second is better, but I wish they'd also make it only strobe on Turbo (more appropriate on that level anyway).

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey guys. The T20 is my first light and I had been reading about the whole strobe controversy since it was introduced and was actually holding out to see if it would be resolved. However, when they went on clearance, I couldn't resist and decided to take my chances. I just got it today and after playing with it, I must say that it is a nuisance that the strobe activates so easily. Other than that I love the light and I am confident this is the first in a future collection. My question though for the experienced is if it is realistic that this upcoming fix/mod will be available for existing lights or will it be that one would have to buy a new light all together? I have no idea how the UI's work so I didn't know if this would even be possible.

Love my Eagletac's to they are at the top of my list right now and I'm far from an expert as alot of folks on CPF but I believe that is controlled in the light engine so one would have to get new light unless they would sell that part to us. But being as its probably the most expensive part on the light one would be better just purchasing and whole new light.

Cheers to ET for atleast listening to customers and changing the current models instead of waiting for an entire new design.

Last edited:

jirik_cz

Flashlight Enthusiast
they should use even shorter time. less than 0.5s. one second is still too long...

Flashlight_Bug

Newly Enlightened
See, told you guys they would release the T20C2 Mark 2 (https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/3065077 Post #7). Once an eagletac, always an eagletac.

Does Eagletac listen to users? It sure does. It listens, releases Mark 2s and make more money.

Does Eagletac care about users? If it does, then it should be doing something about the T20C2s already bought by us.

So, please show some care for current affected owners. Anyway, how much can it cost to replace the light engine? Especially when Eagletac-Store can be giving 40% discounts on the T20C2. :thumbsup:

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, please show some care for current affected owners. Anyway, how much can it cost to replace the light engine? Especially when Eagletac-Store can be giving 40% discounts on the T20C2. :thumbsup:
it isn't the easiest to replace the light engine... you'd have to replace that entire middle section of the light, which would indeed be rather expensive.

Eagletac-store giving those discounts -- they're a dealer, not a manufacturer. the discounts are because 47s wants to get out of carrying eagletac products.

recDNA

Flashaholic
it isn't the easiest to replace the light engine... you'd have to replace that entire middle section of the light, which would indeed be rather expensive.

Eagletac-store giving those discounts -- they're a dealer, not a manufacturer. the discounts are because 47s wants to get out of carrying eagletac products.

Why would 4-7's drop a great product like Eagletac and sell Microfire?

recDNA

Flashaholic
Somebody let me know when the new version of the P20A2 is out. I need one.

I went to 4-7's ET store and found no 40% discount. All they have is the 100 series lights

Last edited:

DigMe

Enlightened
Somebody let me know when the new version of the P20A2 is out. I need one.

I went to 4-7's ET store and found no 40% discount. All they have is the 100 series lights

you have to use coupon code EAGLE40 as stated on the eagletac-store front page.

brad

recDNA

Flashaholic
you have to use coupon code EAGLE40 as stated on the eagletac-store front page.

brad

Too bad all they have left is 100 series. I would have bought a 10 or 20 series AA light. I would have been thrilled to get any kind of M2X at 40% off too. Too bad 4-7's is dropping Eagletac. What's the story behind the story?

Not that it matters but I saw no such ad on the ets front page or any other page.

Last edited: