Surge Protector

Flashanator

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is this good enough for my computer, sound system, & Monitor? Plus maybe running other appliances off it like second computer etc.

Anyone had a PSU die from not using a Surge Protector?

spock

Enlightened
Tripp-Lite and apc make excellent units. if used for a pc only, you might want to look at an ups (uninterruptable power supply) by apc. i am using the xs 1500 ups by apc. this unit conditions the line power, holds the voltage to one level as the line voltage varies, and surge protection built in. when my electricity goes off, my pc does not know it. absolutely no flicker. gives me 20-25 minutes to finish and shut down.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
I've always had my PCs plugged into one kind of surge protector or another just because of the sheer volume of peripherals that pile up with them (current is a 12 outlet Belkin with only one outlet free, was $18 at Newegg). When I lived in the Midwest, my setup was routinely subjected to pretty serious abuse every time there was a storm; it wasn't uncommon to have lighting strikes so close that the light/sound was simultaneous with no reverberation. The surge protectors always did their duty. It was the dial-up modems that got the short end of the stick - I blew four of these in about the same number of years.

Twinkle-Plank

Newly Enlightened
Never had a Corsair PSU die but had many el cheapo ones die due to power surges. One a side note i have one of these hooked up to my one of my home servers has worked perfectly so far.

Last edited: