Surefire SW01/SW02 questions?

jw2n

Newly Enlightened
I was wondering what variations/ano/color options there were for these two caps? Were they made in II and III ano? What color was available black - olive? The SW01 was available as fat or slim, how about the SW02? What company (ies) offered clones? Also, did either one have a lock-out function/index mark?

Last edited:

Size15's

Flashaholic
Both the SW01 and SW02 were offered in natural type III 'Hard' Anodised finish.
The SW01 had two main styles.
The SW02 has always been the same styling unless I'm forgetting something.

There may be the rare example of SW01 or SW02 in Black HA but I can't firmly recall specific examples (I'd have to search my photo archive which takes time)

I don't recall either having the LockOut 'mark'.

ejot

Enlightened
There is no index mark on my SW01. I'm not sure what the specific definition of a lockout is, but on mine, if I unthread it 5/8 to 3/4 turn or more, the momentary button no longer triggers the light.

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are lots of KO SW02 but no SW01 that I know of. The Primary Arms weapon light comes in HA-Blk. the rubber shroud on the SW02 is metal on the PAWL. it is all one solid piece. I think G&P lights have mimicked the SW02 tailcaps.

Fire-Kylin copied the Surefire L6 Porcupine which came with a SW02. the fire-kylin SW02 anno is a bit more brown.

Here is a thread I started. with pic comparisons
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/236766

Dont bother with clone SW02, well the fire-kylin is pretty nice, but real SW02 are not that hard to get. You can still find them for about $65 USD.