a Bright Idea for Surefires?

maxpower419

Newly Enlightened
Not sure if anyone has suggested this but...

I have a c2 with a m60 drop in, I love this set up, but wish I had the option of using much less power. I was thinking about getting a fm34 beamshaper for it and cutting some ND (neutral desnity) filter cut outs to fit inside. We have a bunch of scraps lying around the studio, so as soon as I get a beam shaper I am going to try it out.

By stacking multiple sheets it should allow me to cut down greatly on the light and if I want full power I can pop the top and shine on!

What do you guys think

sonrider657

Newly Enlightened
Sounds like your idea would reduce light output but it would not reduce power consuption.

zven

Enlightened
Note also that this setup would give you a different beam pattern on your low setting, in case that makes any difference to you - you'll have no hotspot or throw with the FM34.

But, if the floody beam is fine, and you don't mind the power consumption, I think this setup will work fine for you. I've got a C2/M60/FM34 combo myself, and can't say enough good about it. It's only a single level, but the FM34 allows for really fast and easy switching between throw and pure flood. Very much a pleasure to use, so if you're fine with the issues above, then I think the FM34 will suit you very well.

gsxrac

Enlightened
I can personally vouch for the C2/M30/FM34 setup. That is my work light and my general purpose outdoors and camping light. Only thing id change is maybe get an M60 in place of the M30. Or maybe bore out the C2 to fit 18650's so I can quit worrying about having to carry 17670's (my C2 is the only light that uses them.)

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did you know...
If you buy the F04 diffuser, which is designed for the "E" series lights, you can not use the rubber diffuser housing but take the round plastic diffuser lens and place it inside of your Z44 bezel. You get FM34 type results. If you goal is to use it this way all the time it may work out better for you.