ZebraLight clone or alternative?

Ajay

Enlightened
Hey CPF,

Is there a cheaper alternative or clone of a Zebralight? (not the SF Saint)

It's $66 -$80 for the H501, I really like the design but I don't want to pay that much. Maybe a DIY kit out there?

Thanks

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nope, just save up and buy a Zebralight. You get what you pay for.

A cheap clone will just use a lousy 5 mode cycle hi-med-low-strobe-sos driver with poor efficiency and low reliability.

As an alternative, it is possible to get a nice floody beam kind of like a zebralight, but nothing out there in the cylindrical form factor.

Ajay

Enlightened
To my knowledge, the Zebralight is a unique product.

We the customers need more competition for this kind of light.

Nope, just save up and buy a Zebralight. You get what you pay for.

A cheap clone will just use a lousy 5 mode cycle hi-med-low-strobe-sos driver with poor efficiency and low reliability.

As an alternative, it is possible to get a nice floody beam kind of like a zebralight, but nothing out there in the cylindrical form factor.

I know but sometimes you don't need the best of the best.
I want it in a headlight so a floody torch will not suffice.

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think there is another design like a Zebra light. I use a Maratac AAA light as a backup headlamp to the H501. It uses the same home-made headband, which cost about $1.50 to make. The Maratac does well in the role of headlamp. Unless you have a compelling reason to get a Zebra light, light is light.
IMG_3486.jpg

IMG_3490.jpg

Last edited:

Ajay

Enlightened

Thanks for the link Russ, that is actually not too far off from a Zebralight. Nice design but still not as compact as the Zebralight.
Vizion3AAAHeadlamp.jpg

Post WTB at CPFMP, sometime you can get it for around $45-$55.

Thanks, I'll check that out but that's still too expensive. I wonder if I can drill a hole in a DX AA light and do a conversion?:tinfoil:

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would hold off buying a Zebralight for the moment
At the DFW Texas get-together, Zebralight previewed some of their
up and coming lights. You can see photos in the DFW Texas get-together
thread :D

SFG2Lman

Enlightened
+1 on that zebralight has some very interesting and amazing stuff coming out, george's dedication to quality and ingenuity is VERY evident on the few pieces i witnessed

Ajay

Enlightened

I found the pics of the zebralights, I will wait and see.

Thanks

Mikellen

Enlightened
Hey CPF,

Is there a cheaper alternative or clone of a Zebralight? (not the SF Saint)

It's $66 -$80 for the H501, I really like the design but I don't want to pay that much. Maybe a DIY kit out there?

Thanks

With the CPF discount there are a couple of dealers who sell the H501 for about $63.00. Or you can look for a used one on the MarketPlace in either the WTS Flashlight section or WTS Headlamp section. They usually go for about $50.00 for the H501.

EDIT: Nevermind I missed Post#10.

Last edited:

Ajay

Enlightened
how about this one here ?

Streamlight Sidewinder Compact

looks nice :)

Thanks Roadie but it's still not as small as a Zebra. I will just wait and see if some competition comes up in the near future or the new Zebras send the price of the old ones down some more.

I am still in shock that in a flashlight world with so many clones out there the zebralight still remains unique.:popcorn:

SFG2Lman

Enlightened
george is a very smart guy and he found a good niche in a crowded arena, its going to take time for people to clone it, and i don't know if the zebralight customers would accept it, and its really not overpriced, all things considered, they are prolly still working on how the heck he crammed all those electronics into that small of an area

Andy80F

Newly Enlightened
What about the Pentagonlight Molle. Seems to be listed as discontinued but still stocked at some dealers. Only 40 Lumens output and just a bit bigger then the ZL but the nearest thing I could find as a ZL competeator. But I got an H501 anyway.

Andy

roadie

Enlightened
What about the Pentagonlight Molle. Seems to be listed as discontinued but still stocked at some dealers. Only 40 Lumens output and just a bit bigger then the ZL but the nearest thing I could find as a ZL competeator. But I got an H501 anyway.

Andy

last i heard .... pentagonlight has closed its business ... right? :thinking:

Mundele

Newly Enlightened

Found the thread but only saw an EDC handheld, not a headlamp. Does Zebralight have some new headlamps coming in addition to the handheld?