Led night light combo

007Runner

Banned
I am looking for a really good quality LED night light, that can be used as a flashlight in a power failure. I want it to have a lithium battery. Is this even made? Not interested in anything walmart or target would carry. I found several lights like this, but they were all cheaply made and no lithium battery.

I emailed surefire to see if they make a product like this, but got no response.

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think all flashlights are intended to use as night lights.. and to be used in power failures.

What you want is that it plugs into an AC socket?

Light Sabre

Enlightened
I have some of the Energizer model RCL1NM2 night lite / power failure lights / flashlights: Amazon.com: Energizer RCL1NM2BP Compact Led Rechargeable Flashlight: Electronics. I haven't had them very long to give them a good test, but they are pretty bright. They have a NMH battery instead of a lithium. Package says 15 hrs on low/nightlight. With my test setup I would say 24 hours, then with 4 1/2 hour gradual decline in brightness. Night light mode is too bright in my opinion. On high I measured 2 1/4 hours sun mode, then 1 1/5 hours of gradual decline in brightness. I don'thave a light meter so I can't give any lumen or lux measurements. They cost $10 - $12. Best price is at Walmart. Home Depot carries them too.

007Runner

Banned
I think all flashlights are intended to use as night lights.. and to be used in power failures.

What you want is that it plugs into an AC socket?

Yes plugs into a outlet and acts as a night light. Power fails it lights so you can find it and use the flashlight part.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
While we're at it, why don't we add neutral LED's into the mix as a feature for these things? A friend of mine saw my neutral flashlights and asked me if they make "emergency lights" with the neutral LED's. I was going to start my own thread but maybe I can just jump onto this one?

That's going to eliminate everything I'm sure, I wouldn't expect neutral LED's to be used in mass production any time soon, especially in power failure/night light combos. In my personal opinion, emergency lights should be about maximum efficiency and runtime, neutrals wouldn't allow for this, especially in the 5mm LED format which is very common in these lights.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
The wall plug type lights I own have all been pretty pathetic, by CPF standards. Good for taking out the trash, but not anything I can depend on through multiple nights.

The power goes out at least 2-3 times / year at my house (depending on the intensity of the storm season) and I end up busting out the camping stove / equipment more frequently than I care too.

My go-to camping light this summer has been my zebralight H501. Paired with some eneloops in daily rotation and a 4-pack of Energizer lithium primaries on backup standby its a rock solid setup. Personally I like the added reliability of a twist-switch, so the H50 probably should have been my choice... but I prefer the 80 degree focusing optic of the H501 better than the pure flood H50. The H501 has been reliable. knock on wood.

Heres one of the most extensive run time tests I have seen on the H501.
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/230145

Not exactly what you are asking for, but I honestly have not found an AC wall-plug light that was reliable enough (or well designed enough) to recommend as a CPF emergency light.

Last edited: