• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: Sorry to bore you again, but another Killer For Sale.

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
SOLD--to of all things, :poke: a Packers Fan. :nana:

I call it the Killer Indian Princess, since it copies the spiraling anodized dimples theme first introduced in the Indian Princess.

This is a Titanium Killer AAA Light, with a 90mA driver and 5-die LED, but further machined to add a little color and syling:

Nat-slant-7.jpg

Nat-split-ring.jpg

Nat-front-1.jpg

Nat-slant-front.jpg

I have well over five hours of time spent on creating the Killer Indian Princess, so the price reflects that. :devil:

Price: $400, shipped world-wide via First Class Mail.

CONUS orders sent with Delivery Confirmation. Insurance cost would be extra.

PayPal cash to: paycashpal (at) photonfanatic.com
or
PayPal credit card to: fanatic (at) photonfanatic.com

Since PayPal sometimes fails to send notification to me, I would appreciate a confirming e-mail when you place your order. My e-mail address is shown in my signature, but it is not a hyperlink.

Thanks.

Last edited:

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Sorry to bore you again, but another Killer For Sale.

Not boring at all! Very nice work Fred! I wish that I had that kind of cash lying around.

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,

If I buy this, maybe it'll be good luck for the Green Bay Packers tomorrow night. So I'd be crazy not to buy it, right?

In that case, I'll take it!! :party: :twothumbs :thanks:

:thumbsup: john

jch79

:paypal:

Ok, now that that's outta the way :broke:, I really LOVE this light! :eek:oo: :eek:oo: :eek:oo: (and the photos of it!)

:bow: john

greenLED

Flashaholic

If I buy this, maybe it'll be good luck for the Green Bay Packers tomorrow night. So I'd be crazy not to buy it, right?

In that case, I'll take it!! :party: :twothumbs :thanks:

Sounds like my friend is assembling a Royal Collection there! :thumbsup:

jch79

Sounds like my friend is assembling a Royal Collection there! :thumbsup:

The Princess needed a lil' sister! :laughing:

I really have a hard time NOT buying a PhotonFanatic light when I see one for sale. :eek: :duh2: It's a problem I'm working on with my therapist right now... we're not making much progress though. :ohgeez: :devil:

Nice new avatar there BTW, Señor Verde! :D :wave:

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Five whole hours, huh? For a measly $400? I'm in the wrong profession. :duh2:

LOL.

That was five additional hours of work on an already made Killer AAA Titanium light. So to make the Killer AAA light, before it became the Killer Indian Princess, I had:

1. Bought the lathe, for $12,000
  2. Learned how to lathe over a four-year period, on my own
  3. Learned how to draw/model flashlights using SolidWorks 3-D software--and I'm still a novice there, btw.
  4. Learned how to work with machine shops well enough to get some lights made to spec.
  5. Bought additional machinery to the tune of over $3,000 just to be able to finish Titanium lights properly for sale with no machining marks on them.
  6. Bought anodizing equipment and supplies and badgered Chip Valtakis, Alan Folts and Peter Atwood for hours on end for information on how to anodize.
  7. Spent additional thousands of dollars on tooling and cutting bits to enable me to machine Ti without killing myself, or the equipment.
So, since the Killer AAA normally sells for $110, was the $290 extra that I charged too much? For some reason, I don't feel as though I took advantage of anyone, but I could be wrong. :D

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
If that was done on manual machines you have no idea how much work something like that took to make.

Fred, that is beautiful my friend.

Thanks for the kind words, Brian. The Killer AAAs are made on a CNC lathe, at a local shop, but that was a bare-bones version, i.e., it had no detailing on the surface at all--all those grooves and dimples were done on my manual lathe, and as you so correctly observed, most people have no idea how long it takes to do that. Hell, there 342 dimples on the light--and each one took more than a few seconds to machine and to move on to the next location.

But, when buyers are used to paying low prices for imported, high-power LED flashlights, it does look a bit outrageous to charge $400 for a small, puny 5mm LED flashlight.

Then again, some people do appreciate the effort, and I'm thankful that there are still a few of them around. :thumbsup:

ptolemy

Enlightened
i can't believe that we need to justify the price of a light.

especially coming from an artist with credentials well beyond many others...

easilyled

Flashaholic
That's a beautiful light Fred, more than worth the asking price in my opinion for such unique art. :thumbsup:
Great snag, John. I'm jealous. :wave:

jch79

:eek:oo: :twothumbs :duh2: :rock: :clap::drool:

For those of you who can't read smileys, that means "I received the Killer Princess, and I enjoy it thoroughly"... although the excitement gets lost in translation.

Fred, this light absolutely blows me away! The craftsmanship is... well, it's typical Photon Fanatic, but I really didn't expect it to be THIS nice! I tried looking for an error in the dimpling, the anodizing, SOMETHING to make it look like you're human - but alas, it's flawless! :sick2: :naughty:

I can't wait to get this lil' gal home and photograph it with a few of its new pals!

I LOVE THIS LIGHT!

And even though the green & gold (and blue) anodized colors on this weren't enough luck to give the Green & Gold Packers a win on Monday, they're enough to keep me distracted to not think about the game at all! :laughing: