Different ARC LS versions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellz

Newly Enlightened
Hi Guys,

I've been 'desiring' an Arc LS for a while now but have noticed that people have talked about different versions; LS2, LSL, LSL-P, LSH or LSH-P, low dome, high dome... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I have no idea what any of this means (I've only just started to get the hang of Surefire product coding) and would appreciate any advice.

I'm after the 1x123 version if that helps /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Regards,
Hellz

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
hi hellz, all arc LS versions work with one 123a lithium battery, and all can work with two AA batteries if you want to.

initially, the LSL was called the LS1, and the LSH was called the LS2. the LSL uses a low dome luxeon whereas the LSH uses the high dome luxeon led. the LSL produces more of a flood-type beam whereas the LSH produces a more focused beam of light which is usually in the shape of an X.

currently two version of the arc LS are offered which would be the LSL and LSH, and of each version there are two grades you can buy. the standard grade (LSL-ST or LSH-ST) uses an M or N rated luxeon and slight cosmectic blemishes on the body of the light might be present. the premium grade uses a P or Q rated luxeon (brighter) and less cosmectic blemishes will be present on the body.

that's basically it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hellz

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Chamenos,

That wasn't nearly as confusing as I thought. So it looks like I'm after an LS2 Premium... Now comes the money counting... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Thanks again for clearing that up for me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hellz

kev1-1

Enlightened
Hi Hellz,
I don't know where you intend on getting your Arc LS but I have heard good things about pocketlights from UK people and I know that meridiatactical is great to deal with.

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
The History of the Arc LS began with the revision 0.9, which was principally a preproduction version. Keep in mind that there are 2 principle parts in this: the head and the circuit.

The true LS1 has both the revision 1 head and revision 1 cicuit. This permitted use with 1AA, as well as 1 cr123a, and 2AA. The rev1 head is in 2 parts, and was not waterproof. Merely water resistant. (Low Dome Luxeon Star) There were a limited number of Cyans in this model.

Next came the hybrid: Revision 1 head, and rev2 circuit. This did not permit use with 1AA. At this time the TSP-123 pack was introduced (Kroll clicky switch).

The last of the LS1 line was the LS1 Rev2. This has both the rev2 circuit and the rev2 head (one piece), and is waterproof to 50 feet. This is now called the LSL-S and LSL-P, where S = Standard and P = Premium. Still a Low Dome.

The LS2 is the rev2 circuit, and a High Dome Luxeon Star. The models are LSH-S and LSH-P. These are also waterproof to 50 feet.

Note that the LS1 and LS2 use 1 watt Luxeons. There was a one time only, limited production of the LS3, which used a 5 watt Luxeon Star. Unfortunately the 5 watt is rated for 500 hours, so there was no point in continuing production. This model came with a 2 x 123 clicky pack.

There is a new LS in the works, and is some months away. I suggest that you check out the Arc Flashlight Forum for further information.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
you're welcome hellz! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif the LS2 premium you're looking for would be the LSH-P, which is what i have as well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

i'd second wehat kev said, and highly recommend meridian tactical!

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
hey kev, if i'm not wrong chris sent it via USPS global priority, because the box wouldn't fit into a flat-rate envelope. i'm not sure if global priority is insured /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif you can probably specify the type of shipping you want if so desired...i let chris decide so i'm assuming he went for the cheapest and most realiable one. in any case if it didn't get delayed i should be getting it in the next few days /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

kev1-1

Enlightened
Thanks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Yep...my E2e is travelling global priority (soon I hope!) as well. The last few times though I have always used insurance...however, in an attempt to stave of customs I am not doing so this time. Thus, not being completely confident in the post service /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif I am a bit worried. So its good to hear that your parcel seems fine!

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
kev, so far i've had pretty good luck with USPS and singapore's postal service and i've never had a package lost. the worst that's happened so far is a couple of delayed packages but that's about it. keep your fingers crossed and all should work out just fine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif looking forward to getting my M3! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Chamenos and Charles,

Thank you for your summaries. Even though I own quite a few ARCS I always found it hard to keep track of the many variations.

Brightnorm

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for complimenting my summary, Brightnorm. I have 3 Arc LSes, so far: White SLS (rev1 factory second), Cyan LS (factory first), and an LSH-S (first).

I am happy with all of them.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
welcome BN /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif after i got my arc LSH-P all my other lights have been suffering from disuse /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.