PAL Workman - a good one for kids

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just wanted to post a followup from a thread awhile ago about what light to get a 4 yr old. I settled on the PAL Workman and it has been great. He holds it in bed and close to his face, so the softer rubber shell is good. He likes to shine/read with it at night, and the auto shutoff after 25 mins works great; dozens and dozens of tests. I can't tell you how many times I find it clutched in his hand come morning, undoubtedly having been left on. 2 Months, same battery... Get one for your child if he is like mine and cannot remember to turn things off yet! Without the auto off, kids will kill ANY batteries quickly, no matter how long the runtime. He keeps it under his pillow and likes the always on find me feature which I told him is for protection from bad dreams; success! I'm such a Dad...

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
that was me who posted about which light to get for my 4 year old nephew. it was a gift for being a ring bearer in our wedding almost a month ago.

though a few knuckleheads suggested "get him an x990!" (totally joking here), i got him the workman, and reversed the lens to make a wider beam, which should make it easier to read with.

he loves it! i got him the little holster as well.
we have some great pics of him with his new spider-man glasses, holstered palight and a new golf glove (all gifts from us)...he looks suspiciously like mikey jackson--except normal...and handsome! hilarious pic!

the auto-off feature, great price, overall useability and ruggedness are what won me over.

i still think that the palight is one of the best around-the-house lights out there.

Bob