Wait for LX1 or get T1A?

jonesy

Enlightened
So... I've been rereading the Titan T1A threads and it seems like the tint on them is getting better with the latest ones. It seems like a very appealing light, as the UI seems to be perfect for EDC. I've been carrying my Aeon for the last few months and the only thing I am not crazy about is that it doesn't take CR123's, and I'd like to standardize more on that format. For traveling and trips it would be nice to take just one type of battery. As far as I know, there is no floody, single cell small light out on the market other than the titan and the EZ123, which I will not buy. I'd prefer a twisty as well.

But then there is the upcoming LX1, a light which has piqued my interest. I used to have an L1 and loved the UI on that as well, but wasn't as crazy about the beam profile, but I never did get an F04. Yeah, it's a little bit bigger than the Titan, and I realize they are completely different lights.

Ideally, I would like to have two single celled, CR123 lights, one with a floodier beam, and another that is geared more towards throw.

So if you have a titan, are you happy with it? Can it take the abuse that my aeon or L1 could? It seems more complex, so I'm worried it won't take camping or getting dropped, or run through the laundry. Or should I just wait for the Lx1 and get the diffuser? I'd like to get both, but that's not an option right now.