What are some TOP SHELF quad die lights?

fire-stick

Enlightened
Lookin' to buy a quad die light... I'd like to have a nice one.. :)poke:$$)

Ive been into lights for a while now, but the more I get into lights it seems I care less about specs and output...

I'm really just lookin for a SOLID well built beautiful light.

I look back on my favorite light Surfire C3, and the things i liked most have nothing to do with performance..

Has anyone else noticed that..?

Like the look and feel of a light becomes much more important as you continue your flashaholic ways?

thanks

PS I'm in love the M1X... is this light as beautiful in real life as the pix?

-Fire-Stick-

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lookin' to buy a quad die light... I'd like to have a nice one.. :)poke:$$)

Ive been into lights for a while now, but the more I get into lights it seems I care less about specs and output...

I'm really just lookin for a SOLID well built beautiful light.

I look back on my favorite light Surfire C3, and the things i liked most have nothing to do with performance..

Has anyone else noticed that..?

Like the look and feel of a light becomes much more important as you continue your flashaholic ways?

thanks

PS I'm in love the M1X... is this light as beautiful in real life as the pix?

-Fire-Stick-
Get the M1X or wait for the SureFire M3L and M3TL.

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
We should include SST-50 and SST-90 lights along with multiple cree.

I'd vote for Fenix TK40 (MC-E) and Malkoff MD4 (4 x XR-E)

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast
Although you won't hear of it much because of its price, the Barbolight T15. Output is about the same as the EagleTac M2C4, and quality is really top notch. I only have a few lights to judge by, but I'd say it is as high quality as Surefire, and built more solidly.

I have the M1X too. No, it's even more beautiful in real life :D. Build quality is excellent, but not as high as Barbolight or Surefire. Output is slightly higher than the Barbolight, and throw is significantly higher.

DON'T wait for a Surefire release. I'm sure the M3L and M3LT will be awesome. But there's no telling when they'll come out, or if they'll come out :poof:

Last edited:

recDNA

Flashaholic
Can you compare the quality (build) of this light to another? What would you give it 1-10? (1 being dollar store - 10 being surefire)

I'm not sure that Surefire IS the 10 of quad die flashlights.

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast
while you wait for your *dream* mc-e you might want to get a

mg pli from shining beam.

$57,

low-med-high,

small

tough

sexy.

i love mine.:thumbsup:

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am set on 1 x 123 lights because of the Ra Clicky, set on keychain lights because of the Ti Aeon and 2 x 123 lights because of the Surefire LX2 and the U2A.

All I need are some big output lights now like the new Surefire M3's; I have been holding out and waiting for these lights and have not purchased any quad die lights yet because of my desire to try the Surefires first.

I do want to get on board with the Malkoff MD4 too.

Bronco

Enlightened
Although you won't hear of it much because of its price, the Barbolight T15.

I'm not sure that's the only reason many folks haven't heard much of Barbolight.

It may also have a teensy bit to do with the fact that the company spent an untold number of years attempting the improbable feat of trying to grow market share by having no discernible distribution network. ;) :D

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am set on 1 x 123 lights because of the Ra Clicky, set on keychain lights because of the Ti Aeon and 2 x 123 lights because of the Surefire LX2 and the U2A.

All I need are some big output lights now like the new Surefire M3's; I have been holding out and waiting for these lights and have not purchased any quad die lights yet because of my desire to try the Surefires first.

I do want to get on board with the Malkoff MD4 too.
+1

Took the words out of my mouth...

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast
the top shelf "quad die" light is the Malkoff Md4 Wildcat. You never specified the four dice had to be attached to each other. This is an awesome light with a very smooth circular 15 degree beam, high and low mode, HAIII anodizing, very well balanced in the hand lots of power and is modular and will fit the MD3 and MD2 hosts. Its got the right kind of output and it doesn't suck down battery juice like its going out of style to give it to you.

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
the top shelf "quad die" light is the Malkoff Md4 Wildcat. You never specified the four dice had to be attached to each other. This is an awesome light with a very smooth circular 15 degree beam, high and low mode, HAIII anodizing, very well balanced in the hand lots of power and is modular and will fit the MD3 and MD2 hosts. Its got the right kind of output and it doesn't suck down battery juice like its going out of style to give it to you.
Is it a twistie or a clicky? How does it feel?

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tailcap is a forward clicky and can be replaced with Solarforce or Surefire tailcaps. The hi/low is done by twisting the bezel a few degrees. It feels really good in the hand with the type of knurling that it has and its not excessively front heavy since its not real long like some other 2X18650 lights. So its easy to hang on to and manipulate as I showed in my video on mytube youtube.