LED Upgrade help

jdkno

Newly Enlightened
I thought I posted this but going back I can't find it so here goes again.

I found 2 2AA mag lights in my gear bag over the weekend. Rather than trash them I figured why not upgrade. So far I have found this:

http://www.zbattery.com/TerraLUX-Mi...-Watt-for-2AA-Mini-Maglite?sc=7&category=1285

I was wondering if anyone had experience with this or knew of a better alternative. It says it produces 140 lumens which is great but I am really only looking for 80 or so.

Next question. I was wondering if anyone could point me to a flashlight that is about the same size as a 2 C cell Mag Light that runs an LED at 80+ lumens and has a good run time, something like 20+hrs. I already have Surefires and Fenix's that run the lumens but I am looking for something bigger, more general purpose, with more run time than AA's or CR123's can provide.

wipeout

Newly Enlightened
For the cost of the upgrade you can buy a new Minimag AA LED, I have the 1 watt Terralux upgrade and it is fairly bright (45ish lumens I guess, really bright by 3 year old standards) and it is a little cheaper. It will run for 5 hours or so. I also have the 3 bulb Nite Ize upgrade, it is ok for looking around a dark car or reading, not really much throw however. Your regular Minimag (a have a couple that are not modified) will throw just as far as the Terraalux 1 watt outdoors when you have a fresh set of batteries and new bulb and it is tightly focused.

For a c-cell LED why don't you just wait for the new Mag LED c-cells due out in the next couple of months?

SFG2Lman

Enlightened
the rayovac extreme sportsman 4 watt is a great 3 C cell, i bought mine years ago and still have yet to replace batteries, its definitely got 10+ hours on it, its rated at 150ish lumens, but comparing its to my P60L rated at 80L its probably closed to 100 or 120, great little light you can get a look at it here

jdkno

Newly Enlightened
Except it's horribly overpriced.

Do you know what the price of it is, I searched google but when I look for C cell Mag LED all that comes up is upgrades for the original incan Mag.

wipeout

Newly Enlightened
Do you know what the price of it is, I searched google but when I look for C cell Mag LED all that comes up is upgrades for the original incan Mag.

They are not out yet but I've seen some sites offer them for preorder under $50.00

Gatsby

Enlightened
I still have a few Mags floating about - D cells all got some variety of LED upgrade (2 Mag 3 watts and 1 Niteize that will run for, well, days in the event of a power outage) - and the Minimags got Niteize 5mm upgrades, and one got an Arcmania super MJLED (the one with the circuit) which I actually like quite a lot and Lighthound has them for around $6 IIRC. For the same dollars roughly it is a nicer beam than the Niteize.