Best General Purpose 18650 Flashlight

CanDo

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys,

I've been out of the world of flashlights for a while and am looking for a new torch. My only real requirement is that it runs on 2xCR-123 / 18650. What's the latest and greatest? For the sake of discussion, price can be ignored but I'm ultimately looking for one under 200USD.

This will be a general purpose light and I'd like it to be pocketable if not necessarily EDC. Brightness and durability/build quality are probably the biggest selling points for me.

Thanks,

CanDo

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is impossible to tell which is the best since it depends on each user and their needs.

I own the Fenix TK11R2 and Eagletac T100C2. Operation is simple low-high by twisting the head, and they both deliver over 2:30h runtime while mantaining flat regulation, if I'm right these are between the most efficient by using 18650. Brightness and build quality of the TK11 is greater than any other torch in my collection.

I dont have much knowledge of more expensive flashlights, but in my opinion a general purpose flashlight should not exceed the $100 limit.

Hope this helps you.

SFG2Lman

Enlightened
i love my bored out surefire 6p and i'm looking at the C2, then you have your choice of dropins, from nailbender's cuting edge lineup, to malkoff's indestructo M60/M30, and a host of dx, dereelight, and others that make P60 drops, although the solarforce L2 comes ready without the hassle of boring and at a much lower price

ramlanrafie

Newly Enlightened
hi,

I owned Olight M20 Warrior Premium R2 and I love it. It got quite a reasonable throw and some spill.
The price are reasonable against what you will received. It can use several type of batteries including 18650.
Two extra things I like about it is the holster with 2 small pocket for batteries or AA backup light and the battery magazine.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
check out solarforce lights. they're pretty decent and can take all manner of P60 drop ins as well.

berry580

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi guys,

I've been out of the world of flashlights for a while and am looking for a new torch. My only real requirement is that it runs on 2xCR-123 / 18650. What's the latest and greatest? For the sake of discussion, price can be ignored but I'm ultimately looking for one under 200USD.

This will be a general purpose light and I'd like it to be pocketable if not necessarily EDC. Brightness and durability/build quality are probably the biggest selling points for me.

Thanks,

CanDo
- pocketable
- brightness
-durability

Nitecore SR3 is close to the brightest 1xCR123 and 1x18650 mass produced light currently on the market.

= Nitecore SR3 w/18650 body = $120x0.7 +$33 = $117 shipped
http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=201166

Last edited:

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
- pocketable
disqualifies all those silly tactical models with their sharp edges, spikes, ...

Jetbeam Jet III Pro Ulta for overall "best" 18650 light,
Jetbeam Jet III Pro ST, when pocketability is main concern, or
Shiningbeam L-mini II, for even more pocketability

(latter two dont give as much brightness impression, because of their smaller reflectors. Also, imho, the Jetbeams are much better in quality/ruggedness and the UI / programming feature is the bomb)

Vicvic

Newly Enlightened
Jetbeam Jet III Pro Ulta for overall "best" 18650 light,
Jetbeam Jet III Pro ST, when pocketability is main concern, or

and Jetbeam III M R2 (or Q5):
This light is multipower (up to 15V), allowing you to run 1x18650, 2xRCR/CR123A

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/211631

Shiningbeam L-mini II is one of the smallest 18650 LED Flashlight 11.35cm x 2.2cm x 2.2cm (4.46 in x 0.86 in x 0.86 in)

Last edited: