Fabric inside reflector

xpawel18x

Newly Enlightened
Inside my E2DL's reflector there is a tiny piece of...something. Looks like a piece of fabric the size of a dust particle. It's on the side of the reflector and doesn't bother me too much. Also there is what appears to be a fingerprint on the inside as well. Not a big deal to me, but I was wondering if SF would replace the bezel for me free of charge if I'm not happy with it. Anyone ever get another bezel because of an issue like this?

Bobpuvel

Enlightened
my fenix tk11 has a medium sized piece of dust in the bezel... i just stopped thinking about it. and i haven't noticed any imperfections in the beam pattern.... but you could trace the fingerprint! haha pinpoint the person that put it there! haha.... not sure if surefire would do that though. good luck!

Drewfus2101

Enlightened
My P1D also has a small speck of something sitting next to the emitter....

I'm seeing a trend.

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
One of my KT-1 heads has what I can only describe as "debris"
inside the head.
It is annoying when whitewall hunting but I am too lazy to boil
the head to loosen the Locitite and remove the lens so that I can clean
out the "debris" :D

BIGLOU

Enlightened
All I know is if it doesnt bother you and it doesnt effect lumens dont go try cleaning it I found everytime I tried to clean a LA i made it worse. You could try compressed air for the lint. GL

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
my fenix tk11 has a medium sized piece of dust in the bezel... i just stopped thinking about it. and i haven't noticed any imperfections in the beam pattern.... but you could trace the fingerprint! haha pinpoint the person that put it there! haha.... not sure if surefire would do that though. good luck!

Actually, my SF LX2 had a finger smudge on the optic. Luckily though, SF gave me an RMA and I had a nice new one in about 1 week.

As the post above me said, really try not to clean it. Reflectors are pretty finicky and you'll probably do more damage than good. If you really want to try to remove some lint or dust, try an air blower (NOT a leaf blower :D) that is used in photography to clean lenses.

-Robert

Last edited: