Surefire L4 5W released!

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dan from Tactical Warehouse said that they will be getting them in soon. Check out the Dealers section.

I would jump on it now, but i want to wait and see what other people think first. If the LED is underdriven at 2.5W....then i'm not getting it based on what i've seen from other 2.5W driven 5W LSs.

[Size15s corrected the typo in the thread title]

B@rt

Flashaholic
Just a typo... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

It should say L4 as in SureFire L4 Digital LumaMax /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Surefire LS4 5W released!

Scratch that! All above is correct.

Skyline

Enlightened

Hmm.. can the the HA-BK versions of the E2e, KL4, and Z57 be far behind? Decisions decisions!

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast

e1e KL4 is possible with a reduced runtime and brightness. How much dimmer? I don't know... but i bet it is brighter than a KL1!

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast

only white 5w ls's are high domes and side emitters. I am 95% sure that this is a high dome.

kev1-1

Enlightened

That is what I wanted to hear /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Thank you!

kev1-1

Enlightened

What sort of runtime can be expected from two 123A's before the light drops out of regulation?
I heard that 5w LS have a life of around 500 hours...was this wrong/true/was true, but is no longer the case?!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
Just ordered the Surefire L4 Digital Lumimax from Bulldog Enterprises, on the Dealer's Corner, for $129.95 and FREE SHIPPING.
oldgrandpajack

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting...beat Arc co. to the rollout. So what does this puppy do? Is it dimmable? How many levels? Any batt options avalible for folks that want one but won`t buy anything that runs on 123 batts?

Spectre

Newly Enlightened
I just ordered one too from Bulldog... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

It would be interesting to know the specs on the L4 though...

Bjorn

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does this mean the KL4 as a separate head will be released at the same time? I already have an E2 body that's waiting for a KL4 head. I assume it would be considerably cheaper then the entire L4 assembly.

Size15's

Flashaholic
We know that the L4 has been shipped to some dealers and should arrive in the next day or so.
But SureFire do not give expected release dates for new products so we don't know if/when the KL4 or Z57 will be released as separate items.

I don't know about "considerably cheaper" for just the KL4 since the Z57 is a Clickie and the Z48/Z49 aren't cheap. This is a caution against building yourself an expectation of a significantly cheaper price for the KL4 on it's own. I do not know what the price for the KL4 or Z57 will be.

Al