• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Withdrawn: Mr. Bulk Brass LionCub Complete Set

Withdrawn: Mr. Bulk Brass LionCub set. This is an original Mr. Bulk Brass LionCub with custom parts from CPF'ers Otokoyama, ArsMachina and RPM. The set is completely mint and has been sitting in bubble wrap since I got it about four years ago. This is one of only about 80 original Brass Cubs made. The standard head is original and unmodified.

The LionCub was the successor to the LionHeart, both of which feature a light engine conceived by CPF'er Georges80 who collaborated with Mr. Bulk on many of his lights. The light engine enables the user to select from some fifty-sixty levels of light, merely by holding down the switch button as it ramps up through the levels. There are all sorts of other programming that can be done if one so chooses, such as sleep mode and lock-out.

The LionCub is made as a Lego-style light: it can handle several different cell sizes, including CR123, RCR123, 18650, 17500 and 17670. In fact, its very name, LionCub, was derived from the fact that it uses Li-Ion (Lion) cells as its primary power source. The different bodies included in this set highlight that fact.

The only aesthetic fault to the LionCub's design, in my opinion, was a weak lanyard hole drilled into the flared tail. One of the real attractions of this set is that the standard body does not have that weak lanyard hole - the tail is a solid flare all around. That's because the standard body offered with this set is a clone created by CPF's own ArsMachina, without the lanyard hole. He made at least three of these no-lanyard-hole bodies, and my two other Brass Cubs have the same clone tail.

This set includes one of the original 80 brass Cubs, as well as four other brass Cub bodies and one brass "Big Bulkhead" that turns the Cub into a throw monster. Two of the brass bodies, the knurled bodies, were created by another of Mr. Bulk's team, CPF'er Otokoyama. The smooth bodies were accessories created later by master machinist, CPF'er RPM.

Here is what's included in this set:

1. Original Brass LionCub with standard knurled no-lanyard-hole clone body
2. 17670 knurled body
3. 18650 knurled body
4. Smooth 17500 flat-end body
5. Smooth CR123/RCR123 inset body
6. Big bulkhead

PayPal cash preferred, although USPS money orders also accepted. USPS priority shipping to CONUS destinations is included in the price. Add $10 for international shipping. For US postal insurance (optional), add $5. First to state an unconditional "I'll take it" here in the thread, followed by PayPal payment, has priority.

Withdrawn.

IMG_3708.jpg

IMG_3709.jpg

IMG_3710.jpg

IMG_3711.jpg

IMG_3712.jpg

Last edited:

SFG2Lman

Enlightened
Re: FS: Mr. Bulk Brass LionCub Complete Set

thats a beautiful set my friend!:hitit:

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
Re: SOLD: Mr. Bulk Brass LionCub Complete Set

Nice score on an awesome set from one of the best sellers!

This set is staying with me, as I could not bear to let it go after all. I have consulted with the buyer, who has graciously accepted this reversal, but will be seeking a brass Cub or set from another owner.