Surefire 9AN went missing!

mdhammack

Newly Enlightened
I HAD a surefire 9AN that was "borrowed" by an in-law and since they don't have the 200 bones to replace it (go figure) I have an extra battery, two cycles on it, and a charger. Is there any use for this battery? Is there a mag mod or something that can be done with this setup? I would like to get something out of this stuff or else I will be forced to replace my surefire :whistle: Maybe make me a useful rechargeable to keep in the truck. Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

DUQ

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think the B90 is much use outside of an 8AX, 8NX, L7 or 9AN. You could either sell the items and use the funds towards another light or purchase a used 8AX, 8NX, L7 or 9AN.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
The L7's are on sale on a few sites, might be able to get one for around $150 new...then'd you'd have two chargers and two batteries, one too keep in your vehicle, etc.

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
Make them pay for it on installments. They can't keep track of it, they can't borrow it.

By the way, was it lost or broken?

SUREFIRED

Enlightened
Make them pay for it on installments. They can't keep track of it, they can't borrow it.

I agree. If I were you I would make them either pay you or buy you a new light. (also dont let them borrow anything anymore :poke:)

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
Let me put it this way:
It's like borrowing a couple crisp hundred-dollar bills and misplacing them...

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you liked using the rechargeable light take a look at the Surefire 8NX000 which is the flashlight only (no charger) and comes with one B90 rechargeable battery. It can be had for around $75.

Larbo

Enlightened
I think they should pay for a new one. I doubt that my $20 river rock would be loaned out much less a real torch. I would be sick over a loss like that.

mdhammack

Newly Enlightened

By the way, was it lost or broken?

Lost :oops:...it was my bro in law...can't say anything cuz my wife defends everyhing he does no matter what.:whistle:

I agree. If I were you I would make them either pay you or buy you a new light. (also dont let them borrow anything anymore :poke:)

Oh, believe me the not borrowing anything has been placed in full effect! He wanted to use something a while back and I told my wife he was on the list of individuals that has to leave a deposit to borrow anything I own. :shakehead

If you liked using the rechargeable light take a look at the Surefire 8NX000 which is the flashlight only (no charger) and comes with one B90 rechargeable battery. It can be had for around $75.

I like the aluminum lights, thought about the 8AX for a few bones more. I dunno, maybe I'll go back with another 9AN.

Thanks everyone for their suggestions.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
loose/damage something borrowed --> pay for, or search and find an exchange
... thats what any normal human should do without being forced to
:(

inside the familiy, ..., thats simply azzes

PS: my 18650 XR-e McR19 flupic modded 6P immediately replaced my 9N, so much better in every aspect
maybe think about another light?

Last edited:

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lost :oops:...it was my bro in law...can't say anything cuz my wife defends everyhing he does no matter what.:whistle:

Then wifey can replace it out of her shoes budget. I'm sorry if I sound militant about this, but as a broke college student, that would be a financially crippling loss to replace on anything resembling short notice.

Oh, believe me the not borrowing anything has been placed in full effect! He wanted to use something a while back and I told my wife he was on the list of individuals that has to leave a deposit to borrow anything I own. :shakehead

I like the aluminum lights, thought about the 8AX for a few bones more. I dunno, maybe I'll go back with another 9AN.

Thanks everyone for their suggestions.

IIRC, there's a 8AN on the marketplace for $60 right now. It's no 9-series, but it's a very nice, very durable duty-style incandescent. Being nitrolon, I don't mind it getting dinged up, since 'character marks' don't show as much, and don't damage the corrosion resistance.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
As soon as you replace your light he will find the lost 9AN!

I have dedicated loaners. They are nice lights, 9P w/BOG Cree drop-in, L2, and E1e. But they have lost that out of the box look due to the fact that they are loaners.

I too have a few "do not touch my sh*t" people on my list.

I hope it turns up!

mdhammack

Newly Enlightened
Thanks fellas...I may check in to that nitrolon surefire, good work light. I think I'm gonna go buy about a half dozen mini maglites for loaners. They're going for 6 bucks here at walmart

wjf2000

Newly Enlightened
buy a used one from ebay. I bought a used 9n (the older version of the 9an) for $35.