small, aluminum 2D flashlight?

r2

Enlightened
Can anyone recommend a decent 2D light for mods? I've looked at maglite and brinkman, but they both make 2D lights that are about twice as long as they need to be. The switch assembly, tailcap with extra bulb, and head are all huge. I went to Walmart the other day to check what they had and saw a familiar pattern--cheap crappy plastic lights were nice and compact while the aluminum lights with reasonable quality were all huge. I'd love something about the size of those $.99 plastic 2D lights that come with "heavy duty" batteries but made of aluminum with decent construction.

Does such a light exist?

- Russ

Ratso

Enlightened
I think there is one called the Ozark Trail 2D aluminum. (OEM by Garrity) I didn't see a 2d model but I remember the 4 D was only a little longer than the Mag-Lite 3D. If they have a 2D version it might suit your needs. It has a partially faceted reflector too.

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dorcy makes their Metallics line that look like Grandma's old Rayovacs, that are the size you are talking about but are pretty light duty. Not bad lights at all though for the $3.49 retail, but not very tough. I have a blue one with one of those Rayovac Xenon 2D bulbs that Walmart also sells.