Flashlight Overload!!!

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Between the new products and mods that are just coming out (Surefire L4, Mc-Bulk collaboration, etc.) and all the sales on older products I don't have (just about every Surefire imaginable plus others in the Dealer section), I am beginning to feel a bit overwhelmed. It doesn't seem at all long ago that there was nothing I particularly felt like getting and now all of a sudden there are too many lights available when compared to my limited flashlight funds. Also, there are even more lights on the horizon (Arc-LS4,LS5, Inova X-1, etc.) for which I have been both waiting and saving.

I find myself wanting too many different things and not having near enough money for everything that is interesting me despite the sales.

Am I the only one who feels this way?

Pat

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just passed up a Mclux so I could afford a L4 I also just started diving last year and have been spending all my $$$ on dive gear. Then all these new lights come out and I want them all, I feel your pain! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

paulr

Flashaholic
It's just like computers, digital cameras, and anything else; you have to decide what interests you the most and what you can afford. Of course there's always B/S/T if you want to try something for a little while and then pass it on to someone else so you can move on to something new.

Of the lights mentioned, the Surefire price wars are mostly about the same Surefires that have been around for a while, and your decision to buy them probably isn't affected much by another dollar or two off. The PM6 McBulk collaboration is a very cleverly designed and beautifully executed mod, but now that the Surefire L4 is out, I wonder if the larger PM6 mod has that much point unless you want to swap multiple emitters around. The Arc LS4 and LS5 are still vaporware. The LS5 seems like a more interesting light than the LS4. The Inova X1 doesn't interest me much at all: the focusing optic may make the hot spot very bright, but at the expense of making the beam so narrow it's not that useful. YMMV, of course.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yea, I`m waiting for the release of many that interest me. But I`m going to wait for others to give their opinions on them and be selective...short on bucks to buy more then a couple...and for me the Surefires and Arc LS`s are out. I prefer to get several lower priced lights than one high priced one. I just can`t bring myself to spend a lot on something I know will be outdated so quickly. And the less expensive lights are improving as well. Consider the SL TT line. Just a year ago a 6 led light with a bright zenon bulb selling for less then $40 was unheard of...and 7 led lights for around $20. Right now lights that are fully regulated still cost a pretty penny...but I guess they`ll drop. Soon companies like Dorcy will have regulated 5w LS`s out with every batt combination imaginable. Selling for less than $20...and just as bright as the ones selling for over a hundred now. Just the way it is now days.

Zephyr

Enlightened
Just when I saved up enough money to buy just ONE flashlight, that's when all of these sale stuff at a bargain price shows up! But I can only afford one. Sooooo many flashlights to buy, so little money to spend!.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Smaug

Newly Enlightened
The bright side:

If you can't afford them all, you will appreciate the ones you CAN get all the more.

kalengkong

Newly Enlightened
yeah me too.
just saving for PM M6 5Watt, now, the L4 is coming.
and the ARC AAA is on sale, and then, im in EXAM PERIOD NOW, instead of studying, i spent my time in here.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif