Magnetic base - more bad than good ?

shark_za

Enlightened
I now have a little single CR123 twisty with a magnetic base.
While it is tiny and very carry-able I am finding the base is more of a hindrance than an advantage.

It looks like I will leave this tiny torch on the fridge as it really becomes irritating to keep removing things from the base and sticking to anything metal I may brush past.

Anyone have practical uses for magnetic base lights?

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I sanded blunt one of those refills for those knives with retractable blades and taped it on the wall beside my bed. I Put my Safelight with Magnetic clip there, pointing down at my beside table thingy so that i can find my phone, among other things at night,not least of which would be my EDC, in case i need REAL light.

:)

You can use that method to mount it somewhere easily accessible in case of a power outage or something.

Crenshaw

Last edited:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I now have a little single CR123 twisty with a magnetic base.

I'm curious what this light is. I glued a small magnet to the tail of my L0D and like having it. It does sometimes pick up stuff, but it's also nice for hanging up the light.

Geoff

shark_za

Enlightened
The torch is only a little Romisen RC-D6 that I just got because it was so cheap.
The magnetic base is very powerful and I'm worried it will wipe my cards clean if I slip my wallet into my pocket at the same time.
The output from this little light is probably up there in the 150 lumens, halfway between the LD10 turbo and the Lumens Factory LED in my 6PD.

EDC_Torches.jpg