Lego'ing a Quark - Operation?

GreySave

Enlightened
I do not own one but had considered it at length. As I understand it the programming is all in the head.

The "Tactical" tailcap provides you with a protruding switch forward clicky with momentary feature only. It does not change the way the light operates. The standard tailcap is a tail standing cap, so access to the actual switch is a little more difficult and may or may not be to your liking. I believe it is also a forward clicky with momentary.

To go from a standard to a Tactical Quark you must change the head, and 4Sevens does have some heads available on his web site.

There are substantial differences in the way that the normal and tactical Quarks operate, so be sure to study them before you make a decision. 4Sevens has an excellent video on the Tactical Quark pages that demonstrates how the Tactical head operates.

Last edited:

flasherByNight

Enlightened
Thanks...but doesn't answer my Question.

The tactical switch with momentary feature is a half press, soooo is that equivalent to a half press on a regular quark. B/C on a regular quark that would change modes NOT a momentary light...etc.

Anyone ELSE know EXACTLY how this works??

(I currently own a regular Quark)

I do not own one but had considered it at length. As I understand it the programming is all in the head.
YES THAT'S TRUE...BUT IN PRACTICE I STILL HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THAT MEANS

The "Tactical" tailcap provides you with a protruding switch forward clicky with momentary feature only. It does not change the way the light operates.
I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THAT MEANS OR HOW THAT'S POSSIBLE, IE POINT OF MY QUESTION
The standard tailcap is a tail standing cap, so access to the actual switch is a little more difficult and may or may not be to your liking. I believe it is also a forward clicky with momentary.
NO

To go from a standard to a Tactical Quark you must change the head, and 4Sevens does have some heads available on his web site.
YEAH, STILL NEED THE TAIL THOUGH ;/ KINDA DEFEATS LEGOING....

There are substantial differences in the way that the normal and tactical Quarks operate, so be sure to study them before you make a decision. 4Sevens has an excellent video on the Tactical Quark pages that demonstrates how the Tactical head operates.

Last edited:

Marduke

Flashaholic
You don't necesairly need the tailcap to match the head. If it doesn't the UI is just a little different.

The tactical head is always two programable modes selected via head position. The switch only changes if it's a forward or reverse clicky.

The standard head will always retain the two mode groups. You choice of switch just determines if you:
1) click for on, soft press to change modes with reverse clicky
2) press for momentary, click for on (from off), or press for momentary to cycle through modes (from off) and click to retain level, or click off and back on to cycle modes (from on) with a forward clicky.

flasherByNight

Enlightened
You don't necesairly need the tailcap to match the head. If it doesn't the UI is just a little different.

The tactical head is always two programable modes selected via head position. The switch only changes if it's a forward or reverse clicky.

The standard head will always retain the two mode groups. You choice of switch just determines if you:
1) click for on, soft press to change modes with reverse clicky
2) press for momentary, click for on (from off), or press for momentary to cycle through modes (from off) and click to retain level, or click off and back on to cycle modes (from on) with a forward clicky.

Thanks for the succinct description. I'm gonna have to scratch my head a bit to think it thru lol :thinking:

Linger

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hehe, the simplest questions eh?

Forward clicky - momentary power connection on 1/2 press, full click for steady power
Reverse clicky - full click for steady power, 1/2 press for momentary disconnection from power

If you put a regular tail on a tact quark, you lose momentary on.
-Tactical Head + Normal Tail
Acts like a normal quark?
Nope. You can still turn the light on, and off, with a full press (the 'click')
When the light is on, the 1/2 press (regular reverse clicky opperation) acts as a momentary off. Depress switch - light goes off, release press light comes back on. There is no momentary on with a reverse clicky (normal) tail.

Regular head + forward clicky (tact) tail
Momentary on, however each 1/2 press changes mode. When you turn the light on, a full click, you can't adjust modes anymore as the forward clicky has no momentary interupt.

Last edited: