Arc flashlight vs Surefire Titan 1a............

NYCblue

Newly Enlightened
Lets forget money and best bang for the buck for a second. The criteria for judging is "I know when I am carry around this light its going to work when I need it to." (I always envision this scenario where us flashaholics are so prepared and so knowledgeable that when we are on the subway and that next blackout happens, you reach into your pocket and the edc light doesn't work!!!)

In terms of build quality and reliablity which would you give the benefit of the doubt to occupy your pocket or keychain and feel good about it, an arc or a titan? (And no cheating, no "sidearm flashlights" LOL! None of that well I carry 3 arcs, 4 photons, 1 in my sock, purse, etc. so it doesn't matter if one fails)

Anyone else who wants to chime in with a edc that they trust, feel free.

carrot

Flashaholic
Well, I carry a McLux Ti PD everywhere and I have utmost faith in its reliability. Seeing as the Arc6 is built upon the same design and has interchangeable parts, I trust it implicitly too. I can't say for the Titan but as we all know Surefire doesn't screw around.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
No experience with Arc 6 but I carry one Surefire T1A around my neck and one in my pocket and neither are too bulky.

Bill

Kiessling

Flashaholic
I carry a T1A but would not hesitate to carry a McGizmo or an Arc. The argument for me personally is size in this case.
bernie

P.S.: I had a Fenix P1 on my keychain and before that a T1 Titan. All were fine, too.

MY

Enlightened
I have both. Currently the T1A is my EDC because of its size and UI. Next to the T1A, I like the ARC6's UI the best. For an EDC, size does matter, the smaller the better for me.

Regards.

Gone Jeepin

Enlightened
I have both. I got the Arc6 last fall? and have carried it for a year now. Very reliable and useful light. Rides in the pocket well. The Titan T1A arrived 2 weeks ago and has been getting exclusive EDC and almost 99% of all flashlight use time. Very nice light, easy to use and carry. I feel good about either light as my trusted EDC. Either will work when I need it. I just need to remember how much power I may really have left in the battery.