Thoughts on the AZ2....

ypsifly

Enlightened
......assuming of course this one makes it to production.

I've been looking at this one and while it's primary purpose seems to be for pairing with a hand gun, it occurred to me that this might make for a great light for ice fishing. The grip looks like it should be easy to manage with heavy gloves. Its not uncommon for some of us to drag gear on foot for a mile or three. This is often with ATVs and snow mobiles buzzing around. I was thinking of hanging it from my neck on a lanyard with the low beam locked on low. The light swinging back and forth as I walk would make for a great warning signal to oncoming ATVs. It would be multi directional unlike a headlamp. I could occasionally grab it and hit the high beam to check my bearings with objects on shore.

If it comes I hope its before January.

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it comes I hope its before January.

SureFire told me a few months ago it was being tested and planned for production late 09. If it's coming it's right around the corner.

Edit: I emailed them again to see if they had a date set or if anything happened to push production into 2010. Hopefully I can get a reply by tomorrow. However, I don't doubt someone will call and beat my response :)

Last edited:

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I first emailed SureFire early July they replied back with:

Thank you for contacting SureFire.

The AZ2 flashlight is currently being developed right now and as of yet we do not have any estimated availability date. However, we anticipate it being available before the end of 2009. Please check back with our website periodically for any product updates.

The email I got this morning when asked if it was still expected during the end of 2009:

Unfortunately there is no word from our production department for this year.

I'm not sure if there is a hidden message but I took it as a no keep waiting for next year.

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm looking forward to it!
The positive if it is released next year, is more time to save for it and the M3LT :D

Excited whether it comes out this year or next!

:twothumbs