My NiteCore EZ AA just arrived

hanzo

Newly Enlightened
Got it in the mail today. 4sevens delivery is very prompt.

While I have no intention of carrying it this way, it does fit in an altoids tin for those that may be interested in using a AA light in a survival kit.

Here's a beam shot against an outside wall from about three feet.

On low.

On high.

Beam shot to a tree about ten feet away.

On low.

On high.

These beam shots were after about 20-30 minutes of continuous use in both high and low modes with an Eneloop AA. At one point, I had it hanging on high mode and after 5-10 minutes, the light was very hot. After grabbing and running it in warm water, it cooled within seconds. While holding it, it got quite warm but not as hot as when it was cooling only into air.

It will replace my Fenix L0D Q4 as my EDC light for the time being. I really like the L0D, but the EZ AA is just much brighter on high and has a much longer run time on low.

My EDC pocket carry.

http://img190.imageshack.us/i/pictures200910nitecoree.jpg/

tbenedict

Enlightened
I think I read this in one of the reviews, but how many turns does it take to get to high. I watched 4sevens' video and it looked like several twists.

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice pics. Great little light. Simple and small with common battery type.

I think I read this in one of the reviews, but how many turns does it take to get to high. I watched 4sevens' video and it looked like several twists.

I don't know if the video has been updated but mine takes about one quarter of a turn from low to high.

hanzo

Newly Enlightened

From low to high takes a half a turn on mine. The twisty switch is not as smooth as the Fenix L0D but the light is new and I suspect will smooth out with use and as the foam gets a little more compressed. But it can be operated one handed.