CountyComm Maratec AA/AAA

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
To any owners of Maratec AA/AAA LED flashlights, is anyone running these things with lithium batteries? This is the only reason I've not ordered them.

chiphead

jahxman

Enlightened
I run mine with 10440s. I don't stay on high for long; even so I am probably shortening the life of the light, but so far it is fine, and for a $20 light I don't mind a little bit shorter life.

I monitor the batteries carfully to make sure I don't over-drain them, as 10440s are unprotected.

BobG

Newly Enlightened
Run mine on energizer lithiums if that is what you mean - no problem. I also tried a 10440... scary bright on high so I figured I would eventually fry something and stopped using them.

Yucca Patrol

Enlightened
CountyComm clearly states as a legal disclaimer that they do not recommend running with a 10440.

This might mean that they don't want to be responsible for someone not knowing how to maintain an unprotected rechargeable lithium battery and blowing up their light and hand.

Or it might actually mean that the light is not designed to accept it, but others have done it and I haven't heard of anyone breaking their's. . . .

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the feedback fella's, but I meant lithium (as in Energizer) not Lithium-Ion. But all the information is helpful for sure!. The Maratec 929 looks sweet, the cooling fins are anice touch as most of other seem to have a problem with getting rid of excess heat. And I'd like something that won't roll away when I lay it down!

chiphead

On another note, the 10440 cells are interesting, but I wouldn't dare place in my old Fenix Rebel units. Or could I?

gorn

Enlightened
Thanks for the feedback fella's, but I meant lithium (as in Energizer) not Lithium-Ion. But all the information is helpful for sure!. The Maratec 929 looks sweet, the cooling fins are anice touch as most of other seem to have a problem with getting rid of excess heat. And I'd like something that won't roll away when I lay it down!

chiphead

On another note, the 10440 cells are interesting, but I wouldn't dare place in my old Fenix Rebel units. Or could I?

I have the 929, it stays on my belt in a nylon holster. Great light. It replaced my Olight infinium titanium. I didn't want to keep carrying the Olight because it is from a limited production. The interface on the 929 is great and the output is good for normal lighting needs. For the price you can't go wrong with any of the Maratec lights.