2d mag mod batteries

mrmickeyknox

Newly Enlightened
ive seen several things i can do battery wise for my 2 d p7 i was thinking of going wit 3 1/2 d batteries, but then it have to buy a charger to fit. does any one still sell the aa to d converter? it converts 6aa to 2d, or is there something i can do with this stocpile of cr123s i have? maybe make a sleeve or adapter? any help is appreciated. and pictures speak 1000 words.

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
ive seen several things i can do battery wise for my 2 d p7 i was thinking of going wit 3 1/2 d batteries, but then it have to buy a charger to fit. does any one still sell the aa to d converter? it converts 6aa to 2d, or is there something i can do with this stocpile of cr123s i have? maybe make a sleeve or adapter? any help is appreciated. and pictures speak 1000 words.

Three NiMH "C" cells will fit in 2D M*g but you will need some sleeve and deanodizing tail cap.

mrmickeyknox

Newly Enlightened
to deanodize the cap i could use some corosive material right like muriatic acid? and what would you reccommend as a sleve pipe or something?

Rommul

Enlightened
to deanodize the cap i could use some corosive material right like muriatic acid? and what would you reccommend as a sleve pipe or something?

Thats extreme. I have done it with a dremel and the wire brush attachment that comes in the kit.

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's just thin, Type II ano. Just about anything sharp or abrasive will take it off.

mrmickeyknox

Newly Enlightened
yeap used some 1" conduit i had on-hand it is a perfect fit and a very bright light i might add. thanx

Ajay

Enlightened

Do you have a hobby charger to charge 3 NIMH cells?
How is your P7 powered? Direct drive or 8x7135 circuit like mine?
So I could have used one 18650 cells with some kind of spacer but I decided to use a high current high capacity option, I used my RC car NIMH SUB-C cells. I cut one of the 6 cell packs open and got 2 sealed packs with 3 cells each. So 3.6v nomimal which is perfect for my circuit. As you can see they fit with the standard spring and a small magnet at the front for contact to the recessed mag spring.
I did end up cutting a small piece of the large mag spring because it was too tight I think.
I used a cardboard/paper sleeve - no rattle.:)

IMG_0004-1.jpg

IMG_0006-1.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

mrmickeyknox

Newly Enlightened
yeah i have a charger for the nimh c batteries, thankfully i already had a 2 c mag mod i have been using. the 2d is direct drive the mod to convert it to 3c wasnt a prob at all. removed the annodize, cut the spring and cut a sleeve, im pretty impressed at how simple it was. i didnt want to have to buy new batteries, and wit this setup now i can use the same batteries on both mods.
(i also have a 2c p4 mod with micropuck driver.)