960 lumen Rechargeable LED Work light?

Jay611j

Enlightened
(Magnalight trouble light) I was wondering if anybody has heard of this worklight or has one http://www.magnalight.com/pc-46363-53-rechargeable-led-trouble-light-drop-light-with-hook.aspx ? It states the LED spot light has 6 LEDs and produces 360 lumens, and the LED flood light has 16 LEDs and produces approximately 960 lumens :confused:. It can also be used while it is plugged in. I was looking at getting the Dorcy 400 lumen worklight, but then I came accross this one Part # HL-LED960 from MAGNALIGHT (Larson Electronics). I'm stuck! :ohgeez:

Last edited:

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: 960 lumen Rechargeable LED Trouble Light?

get something that has been popular here for a while.

then you know you can rely on it.

Jay611j

Enlightened

I really couldn't find anything on a good rechargeable LED worklight. There were a few mentions of the Dorcy worklight, but really no reviews on it. I just want to get the brightest one available. I just have a hard time believing 960 lumens coming from such a small workight. I was hoping someone has one and can shed some light on its performance.

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast

a great light, a couple/few rechargeable batteries and a charger can be had for $150.

limiting yourself to a 'rechargeable light' is very

limiting.:whistle:

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast

Those LED's look to be the same Nichias as the Dorcy , by Magnalight's numbers, each LED is putting out 60 lumens versus Dorcy's 100 lumens per LED.

Jay611j

Enlightened

Those LED's look to be the same Nichias as the Dorcy , by Magnalight's numbers, each LED is putting out 60 lumens versus Dorcy's 100 lumens per LED.

Yes, they do look similar. It's the runtime on Magnalight's worklight that puzzles me. So many lumens with that much runtime? The LED spot light lasts 24 hours with a completely charged battery, and the LED flood light last up to 6 hours with a 2200mA lithium ion battery. I'm thinking the lumens are WAY over rated on it.:ironic:

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes, they do look similar. It's the runtime on Magnalight's worklight that puzzles me. So many lumens with that much runtime? The LED spot light lasts 24 hours with a completely charged battery, and the LED flood light last up to 6 hours with a 2200mA lithium ion battery. I'm thinking the lumens are WAY over rated on it.:ironic:

Nowhere does it say 24 hours at full brightness. That's where they getcha.

drmaxx

Enlightened

It's the runtime on Magnalight's worklight that puzzles me. So many lumens with that much runtime? The LED spot light lasts 24 hours with a completely charged battery, and the LED flood light last up to 6 hours with a 2200mA lithium ion battery. I'm thinking the lumens are WAY over rated on it.:ironic:

:thumbsup: They got to be kidding!! 6 hours with 960 lumens? And the light does not really look like the thermal management king...

my#1hobby

Enlightened

I was looking at getting this light as well! I found out that it JUST came out a few days ago on Magnalite's website, mabey that's why your not having any luck finding reviews of it.

Jay611j

Enlightened

I was looking at getting this light as well! I found out that it JUST came out a few days ago on Magnalite's website, mabey that's why your not having any luck finding reviews of it.
Ahh, ok thanks for the info. I'll wait on the purchase of it then. Hopefully some reviews will surface on it.

my#1hobby

Enlightened

Ahh, ok thanks for the info. I'll wait on the purchase of it then. Hopefully some reviews will surface on it.
Have you heard any new info on this worklight? I am still really thinking of just going for it and buying it. I still don't see any reviews of the Dorcy worklight either. Mabey I should just go for it and buy both? :shakehead

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast

Have you heard any new info on this worklight? I am still really thinking of just going for it and buying it. I still don't see any reviews of the Dorcy worklight either. Mabey I should just go for it and buy both? :shakehead

That would be the flashaholic thing to do.

my#1hobby

Enlightened

That would be the flashaholic thing to do.
Why....you're right! :grin2: Just gotta figure out how to do this in stealth mode..... I'm just getting into the HIGH $$$ flashlights, and the Mrs might catch on. Most of the lights I have are from Wallymart.:whistle:

Jay611j

Enlightened

Nope, nothing yet. :ironic: I say buy both as well and post up some pictures! :cool:

Painful Chafe

Enlightened
The 360 lumens spot light only reaches 25ft, and the 960 lumes flood only lights up a 15x15 area? Sounds a little fishy.

Ryanrpm

Enlightened
So why hasn't anyone mentioned the 8w Utility by Sunlite yet??

It's rechargeable.

It's magnetic.

It has a hook.

It produces a 150 degree flood.

It puts out around 350 lumens.....

Here is a shot of it hanging off of a shovel while I installed a drip line late at night.
f_DSC0729m_c70826c.jpg

You can see the wide flood angle it has. Here is the true light contrast in the night.
f_DSC0734m_691a14c.jpg