Obama wins the Nobel Peace Prize..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I'm surprised. I'm just sharing the accidental discovery my fiance just called to rant about. A google search revealed it's true.

I'll take the rest of this to the underground if anyone would like to come down and blow something up.

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
interesting. I'll bring my political opinions down to the underground :)

Last edited:

ab1ht

Newly Enlightened
Forget about the politics for just a moment...

Left, right, or center, would someone please tell me what he did to deserve it?

He was nominated for it back in February, only about a month into his term.

Politics aside, I'm really confused and disappointed in the whole Nobel Prize system.

First Gore and now this!?

jtr1962

Flashaholic
Forget about the politics for just a moment...

Left, right, or center, would someone please tell me what he did to deserve it?

He was nominated for it back in February, only about a month into his term.

Politics aside, I'm really confused and disappointed in the whole Nobel Prize system.

First Gore and now this!?
That's exactly what I'm wondering. I don't give a hoot about where he stands politically, but fact is he just hasn't been in office long enough to accomplish something worthy of a Nobel Peace Prize.

EDIT: Researching this a bit more, one of the reasons given is his proposal to end nuclear testing, and eventually totally eliminate nuclear weapons. If he can pull this off, then the world will be a much safer place.

Last edited:

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's exactly what I'm wondering. I don't give a hoot about where he stands politically, but fact is he just hasn't been in office long enough to accomplish something worthy of a Nobel Peace Prize.

EDIT: Researching this a bit more, one of the reasons given is his proposal to end nuclear testing, and eventually totally eliminate nuclear weapons. If he can pull this off, then the world will be a much safer place.

He can't.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Well poop I want one too then.
I want flowers of peace and happiness to grow from everyone's butt crack and to give everyone on earth a new Honda. Even babies.

Last edited:

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not bringing any politics into the discussion either, but I am seriously confused as to what he has done to deserve the Nobel Peace Prize? It musthave been a slow year for peace...

RyanA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been air-dropping puppies and kitties over third world countries since '82, still no peace prize.:ohgeez:

jahxman

Enlightened
Nah, he won it because he's not George Bush.

Even in the statement Obama gave about this already he acknowledges he hasn't done enough to deserve it yet. It's just Oslo saying how much they hated Bush, and how happy they are that he's gone and the new president at least appears to be moving in a less stupid direction in terms of international relations.

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you really surprised? Nobel prize has been a political tool for longer than any of us has lived.

Yeah, trust man to screw up anything with good intention.

RocketTomato

Enlightened

The U.S. ended nuclear testing back in 1992. They now use supercomputers and other techniques to model nuclear explosions.

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
It works like this. If you're anti-American enough, a certain portion of the world will love you(like about 53% of our own population, for instance). Of course he deserves the peace prize. Shocking as it may be that there are any actually in Washington, a lot of his proposed actions have been blocked by greedy *******s who actually have some concern for THIS country.
You can't expect him to distribute the wealth worldwide without some kind of reciprocation, and his good intentions deserve to be recognized.

I've been air-dropping puppies and kitties over third world countries since '82, still no peace prize.:ohgeez:
You remembered the parachutes?

Status
Not open for further replies.