I think I've decided on the Olight T25 regular

MK9

Newly Enlightened
In the 2AA flashlights there are a myriad of lights. Someone mentioned in one of my earlier post,
"any of them would be great for 90% of the uses that 95% of the people would need them for. ."
I agree with that statement 100%, but because of all the choices I decided to look at the nuances between them.
Instead of getting into the pros and cons I'm just going to mention the cons. Afterall, I do have to get back to work. :sssh:

Fenix LD20:
Lumens do not drop below 9 then there is a large gap until you get up to the next level of 47.
Does not have an "Auto-memorization"

Quark AA2:
I would like to have light that is closer to 100 lumens for the high (not max)
No "Auto-memorization"

Olight:
A little too big

If the Quark had the "Auto-memorization" I would probably go for it but that's a feature I really like and am willing to contend with the larger size.

Anyway, that's where I am now and if you find fault in my reasoning don't hold back. ;)

Last edited:

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
The beam isn't of any interest for you?

If the T25 has a reflector like the T10 (hybrid), it has a fairly tight hotspot, some good throw, but not too much spill.

The LD20 is available with SMO and OP, mine has an OP, good throw, bright spill. The SMO has better throw, less spill

The Quark has the most equilibrated beam. Reasonable throw, well-lit spill. Perfect as universal light, it's meant that way.

Personnally, I don't like the UI of the Olight. If it is like the T10 : Twist the head to change modes, SOS and Strobe with a button push. I don't like the memory either, I want my lights to start on Low...

squaat

Newly Enlightened
I just got my hands on an Olight T25 tactical and I have to say I like it. Not sure if it will replace my L2D but it is interesting.

The T25 is quite a bit heavier and bulkier than the L2D but from my informal tests it is throws further. I wish I still had a TK20 to compare it to.

for the tactical (not sure of the UI on the regular) the twist to change modes and memory make sense.

The only thing that could bug you is that the T25 suffers from battery rattle (well mine does with eneloops)

It depends on what your usage is, if you need it for close up work, go with the Quark or L2D (I have a quark on the way myself)

If you like spotting things the Olight probably more your style.

e_dogg

Newly Enlightened
Personnally, I don't like the UI of the Olight. If it is like the T10 : Twist the head to change modes, SOS and Strobe with a button push. I don't like the memory either, I want my lights to start on Low...

Besides it not starting at "low" mode, what else do you not like about the Olight twisty UI? Do you find it slow to use or error prone?

MK9

Newly Enlightened
The beam isn't of any interest for you?
If the T25 has a reflector like the T10 (hybrid), it has a fairly tight hotspot, some good throw, but not too much spill.
As you will tell very soon I am a newbe(sp?) Please direct me to beamshots of what you are talking about.

The LD20 is available with SMO and OP, mine has an OP, good throw, bright spill. The SMO has better throw, less spill

Uh, what is SMO & OP?

The Quark has the most equilibrated beam. Reasonable throw, well-lit spill. Perfect as universal light, it's meant that way.
Beamshot link, please

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
Besides it not starting at "low" mode, what else do you not like about the Olight twisty UI? Do you find it slow to use or error prone?

I don't know about the T25 regular but my T15/T10 can start on low if setup to do so. I like the twisty UI but don't care for the strobe and SOS. The UI is different from my other lights but this is not a bad thing. I guess it is personal preference.