What fell off my JETBeam JET-1 PRO V3

tmarsh388

Newly Enlightened
first off what is it? second do i need to send it back or fix it? and third how if need be do i fix it?

I just bought this a few weeks ago too:confused::confused::confused::confused:

xenonk

Enlightened
first off what is it? second do i need to send it back or fix it? and third how if need be do i fix it?
That looks like a +ve contact plate surrounded by a riser for mechanical polarity protection. That's interesting, I didn't realize they added that in V3. It used to just have a spring.

It must not have been soldered to the PCB properly, so the bond broke and it fell off. Unless you have the equipment and skill to reflow solder under it you probably can't fix it yourself.

You should RMA it. That should not have happened and must be a manufacturing defect.

berry580

Flashlight Enthusiast
send it back to the dealer/manufacturer find the +ive contact fell off.
All i can say is "WTF?!" to Jetbeam.

tmarsh388

Newly Enlightened
hm well I got it from BugOutGear.com. So basically I should just send it back then?:ironic::ironic::ironic:

All I know is thats quite the disappointment!!!:shakehead

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
:duh2:

Just contact BOG, I'm sure it'll be fixed.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
send it back, the same thing happened to my Jet I Pro v2.0 and i ignored it but kept the part safe as i figured i am using protected 14500s so there shouldnt be contact issues, but there were. The light would flicker, sometimes work and sometimes not work so i just sent it back.

Not an issue once it was fixed. This happened after a severe drop so i guess that particular part wasnt securely affixed.