JETBeam RRT-1(R2) or M1X(MC-E) for brightest thrower

tmarsh388

Newly Enlightened
I considering buying one of these lights, becaues I need a good thrower. As of no I own the JETBeam JET-III M(7090 XR-E (Q5 bin) and a JETBeam JET-I PRO V3.0(7090 XR-E (R2 bin). Im very happy with both although I use the JET-I more because its easier to use.

Here are the manufacture specs for the JET-M1X
- Model: M1X
- LED: CREE MC-E
- Max Output: 450 Lumen (Torch Lumen) / 700 Lumen (LED Lumen) with
an effective range of 500+ yards
- Reflector: aluminum reflector
- Lens: Toughened ultra-clear mineral glass with anti-reflective coating
- Material: T6061 T6 aircraft aluminum alloy
- Finish: HA III Military grade hard annodized
- Battery: CR123*3, RCR123*3 0r CR123*4, RCR123*4, 18650 Li-ion*2
- Input voltage: 6.5-18V
- Switch: Forward clickie switch
- Waterproof: Accord to IPX-8 standard

And here are the manufacture specs the the RRT-1
- Model: RRT-1(R2)
- Specially designed for Military, Law Enforcement, Search & Rescue and
Outdoorsman
- The Rapid Response Activation Ring allows the user to select between
the three various brightness levels and strobe function.
- Stainless steel Rapid Response Activation Ring, increased reliability and
durability.
- Features JETBeam's new randomizing strobe--"Strobe Randomizer",
taking strobe to a new level.
- Stainless steel bezels protect the head and tail cap from drops and
impacts.
- Stainless steel crenulated bezel can be used as a glass breaker or
defensive tool.
- Anti-roll design
- CREE XR-E R2 LED
- Max output of 240 Lumen with an effective range of 500+ yards
- New hybrid reflector specially designed for CREE LED, which allows for
better beam quality, efficiency and throw capability.
- Features a redesigned high efficiency broad voltage drive circuit.
- Compatible with both CR123 batteries and 18650 rechargeable Li-ions.
- Floating positive end, designed for better battery contact.
- Built-in intelligent Li-ion rechargeable battery protection circuit.
- Impact-resistant meets US MIL-STD-810F accords.
- Meets IPX 8 waterproof standards
- RRT-1 Raptor can utilize the "RM-01" tactical pressure switch and other
available accessories, which allows it to be used for a variety of
missions.

I not too worried about the size difference or the difference in the max amount of batteries each light uses. I just want the Brightest and longest throwing out of the two.

Disco-Dave

Newly Enlightened
Im not sure but ill have a guess the M1X that's one of my upcoming purchases lol

WHT_GE8

Enlightened
They both estimate the same amount of throw but the M1X is alot brighter. I love my M1X and will be buying an RRT-1 next. They are both excellent lights, but I think the M1X will be brighter.

berry580

Flashlight Enthusiast
If size is of priority, get the RRT-1, otherwise get the M1X.
But just keep in mind the small difference in size sacrifices ALOT of lumens, although you also have to consider logistics (batteries) etc.

Ryanrpm

Enlightened
The Raptor will have slightly more throw...but for overall use, get the M1X! It has like 10 times the beam spread and will be much more useful outdoors.

Here is a comparison at 600ft.

Raptor RRT-1 and M1X:
f_gbea6bym_744df37.jpg
f_gbea6bxm_0bd22b1.jpg

Jethro

Newly Enlightened
Wow, that's an amazing light. 600'... man, I would probably get calls from the airport if I used that too much. I want it! BAD!

LOUSYGREATWALLGM

Enlightened
You wont regret with the M1X :thumbsup:. RRT-I wont do much difference than your Jet-III M. You wont expect how much difference the M1X will do over your Jet-III M :sssh:

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
You wont regret with the M1X :thumbsup:. RRT-I wont do much difference than your Jet-III M. You wont expect how much difference the M1X will do over your Jet-III M :sssh:

Actually the M1X and the RRT-1 have about the same throw, but the M1X has a bigger hotspot and brighter spill. The Jet-lll M throws no where near as far as the RRT-1.

LOUSYGREATWALLGM

Enlightened
Actually the M1X and the RRT-1 have about the same throw, but the M1X has a bigger hotspot and brighter spill. The Jet-lll M throws no where near as far as the RRT-1.
Yea.
RRT-I = more throw than Jet-III M
M1X = will blow you away! :D
I was surprised how my M1X out performed my M20 Ti SST-50, MG PLI 700lm, RRT-II, Jet-III M, and ITP C6R. :tinfoil:

Ryanrpm

Enlightened
I do not own the DBS MCE light, but from what I've read, it does a fair job at illumination. Compared to the M1-X however, it will not match it's throw, or brightness.

dunderhi

Newly Enlightened
I have both, and in my eyeball testing I would say that the RRT-1 has a brighter more focused beam at 150 yds than the M1X. The cross-hair pattern of the M1X forces you to point the light slghtly offset from your target to catch the brightest part of the pattern. The M1X will light a much larger area though. At shorter distances the M1X win hands down for brightness.

palomino77

Newly Enlightened
I have both, and in my eyeball testing I would say that the RRT-1 has a brighter more focused beam at 150 yds than the M1X. The cross-hair pattern of the M1X forces you to point the light slghtly offset from your target to catch the brightest part of the pattern. The M1X will light a much larger area though. At shorter distances the M1X win hands down for brightness.

Noob question: I like the M1X,, but I also like not having to always use matching cells. What would happen if you use one 18650 and a dummy just to fill space with short tube on M1X? :thinking:
I also read about the RRT having a very ringy spot, Throw is important to me,,,not interested in lighting up walls.
I am also considering the RRT-2 and Jet-III M for their size. Can you give me your opinion on them (without out considering price) I don't want to buy all four, just two for now.

Last edited:

Igor Porto

Enlightened
Why does Jetbeam's website says 3 hours runtime for 2x18650 on high and Selfbuilt's review/test shows only 1h 34min? I was kind of disappointed :shrug:

M1X-Runtimes-1.gif

moerush04

Newly Enlightened
I just relapsed and baught the M1X yesterday. Should be here by next Friday. Is the RRT-1 brighter than the T10LC2? They both carry the R2 pill.