Its the NEW Mini Scout Light Surefire M300A

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's a surprise. Wasn't even in the 09 catalog.

You're going to need to save those images and upload them to something like imageshack.us or photobucket.com. They are going to be removed because you are hot linking them. Just forewarning.

Last edited:

Schuey2002

Enlightened
(Images uploaded to my photobucket account..)

M300.jpg

M300_2.jpg

It's cute and all, but I still wonder why anyone would want this over a regular, 2-cell Scoutlight? Perhaps a soldier just wanting to save a few ounces? Or even someone who is using a smaller type SMG, like an MP5 with shorter picatinny rails?

It says it's puting out 110 lumens. I wonder how this KX1A head stacks up against the 80 lumen head from the E1B?

berry580

Flashlight Enthusiast
it looks pretty good, but the price........ a little bit on the "WTF?!" side, especially after considering its only a mass produced light.

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually there sort of was a thread about this. not specifically the X300 but about new surefires some member saw at a knife show.

You can make one of these your self. I did. I used my KX2C, RCR123, E1B/E1E-BK body, and UE07 tailcap. I used the viking tactics body to mount it to my weapon.

dcycleman

Enlightened
Actually there sort of was a thread about this. not specifically the X300 but about new surefires some member saw at a knife show.

You can make one of these your self. I did. I used my KX2C, RCR123, E1B/E1E-BK body, and UE07 tailcap. I used the viking tactics body to mount it to my weapon.
I thought a KX2C neede 2 cells to operate correctly?

Nathan

Enlightened
The KX2C works fine with a 3.7V RCR123.
You'll just have less output and less runtime.

Nathan

Enlightened
I think this Mini Scout would be best for very small or short rifles or smg's. I've seen a P90S with a regular Scout and it looks like it's just asking to get in the way or get hung up on a sling. And you would have to use the tape switch on a P90/S, since the mount and the grips are so far apart.

Patriot

Flashaholic
It's certainly interesting but with the X300/400 in existence I probably wouldn't choose the Mini Scout. The former are more efficiently compact and with twice the battery capacity/voltage.

I do applaud SF for releasing lights in this fashion vs. hyping us up two years in advance for products that never come to fruition. I suppose it could just be coincidence buy maybe they're starting to follow a slightly different doctrine after a bit of backlash about their old marketing strategy.

Schuey2002

Enlightened
ETA:

On second thought, that looks more like a '4' than an 'A'..

I should've looked at the second pic closer. It does say KX1A on the head. :ohgeez:

Last edited:

Nathan

Enlightened
The original 2007 KX1 head was a single level Cree found on the E1L. In 2008, SF changed the KX1 to be dual level, 3/45 lumens.
These were informally called the KX1A and KX1B here on CPF, so we knew if it was single or dual level. But these were not official SF designations. Now with KX1A an official model number, more clarification is needed when describing these heads.
SF should have followed the KX2 naming convention and called it the KX1C.

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
The M300 is cute but not worth the $300 preice tag. As someone else mentioned the X300 is plenty small and compact like the M300 and us it is a 2 cell. I dont think losing one whole cell equals massive weight savings.

P220C

Newly Enlightened
(Images uploaded to my photobucket account..)

It's cute and all, but I still wonder why anyone would want this over a regular, 2-cell Scoutlight?

Larry Vicker's is a huge proponent of smaller/lighter = better on an M4 carbine.

He long been advocating the use of an X-300 light on the rail foreend in front of the front sight for a long time; a micro aimpoint; leaving the quick detatch buckles off of the sling.

He also says that anything much over 100 lumens for close-up work is detrimental (lose to much night vision from the bounce).

Anytime you make something smaller and lighter on the rifle you have a win. Lighter when carried, and less stuff sticking out to get hung up on kit and door frames is bueno.

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anytime you make something smaller and lighter on the rifle you have a win. Lighter when carried, and less stuff sticking out to get hung up on kit and door frames is bueno.

Too bad the M300A has that stupid screw mount with the knob on the side that can get cought on stuff.
Now if the throw-lever was available with it, it might be worth the money.
I do like the look of it, but as others have said, The X200a, X200B, X300, & X400 would seem to be a better choice.

Latest posts