Does your D10...

hubbytuby

Newly Enlightened
Does your D10 slightly flicker once and shut off once the piston drive is pushed and held down for several seconds?

GotDogs

Newly Enlightened
My D20 does. I contacted 4 7's because it also comes on just laying on it side. I hope I can get it straightened out as I love the feel of this light in hand.

John :popcorn:

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
i dont have a D10 but i do have an EX10 GDP, it doesnt behave like what you described.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
2 things to note before deciding if there's any fault.
When depressing the switch, make sure it's firmly held down. Sometimes when it's lifted ever so slightly, the light will take it as switching off.
And make sure you got a fresh batt in there.

Lazyboy

Newly Enlightened
Is this the new SP version? If it is, what you describe is the new Digital lockout function. It is enabled by holding down the piston for a second or two. It will flicker once before going off to confirm the lockout's been engaged. This is new for the SP version of D10 and not in the standard version.

To turn it back on, click 3 times within a second to disable the lockout.

Ajay

Enlightened
I have the XRE Q5 variable brightness D10 and it just dims all the way down to the lowest and does not turn off.

Ajay

compasillo

Flashlight Enthusiast
From time to time my D10 doesn't ramp to high or low, then I have to try a few times and then it works... i've tried cleaning the piston and contacts with deoxit gold but didn't fix the issue. Normally it works fine, though.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
From time to time my D10 doesn't ramp to high or low, then I have to try a few times and then it works... i've tried cleaning the piston and contacts with deoxit gold but didn't fix the issue. Normally it works fine, though.

It's quite usual for me that I have to press the button one more time to make the brightness change to start.

Regards, Patric

yalskey

Enlightened
Yes.... oh god yes.... I've been complaining about this since I got my D10... that's why I can't really share in all the love / hype over this light.

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
My D10 is quirky. :) Most times it will turn On & Off without issue but other times not. Occasionally when ramping it will flicker and jump to low. I've deoxed & lubed it several times. I only put up with it cause I like it. :sigh:

yalskey

Enlightened
My D10 is quirky. :) Most times it will turn On & Off without issue but other times not. Occasionally when ramping it will flicker and jump to low. I've deoxed & lubed it several times. I only put up with it cause I like it. :sigh:

My exact description of the problem, and attempted solutions as well... however I DO NOT like my D10, even though I EDC it. I'm more looking at the Jet-I Pro v3 to replace it.

hubbytuby

Newly Enlightened
Ok thats the problem. I do own the SP model and it all makes sense now. Is there a purpose for this lock out mode?

hubbytuby

Newly Enlightened
Ok thanks but, just as I was playing around with it, I noticed that if i turn off the light, twisting the bezel loose to tight will automatically turn it on, no matter wat position the piston drive is in. Is this normal?

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok thanks but, just as I was playing around with it, I noticed that if i turn off the light, twisting the bezel loose to tight will automatically turn it on, no matter wat position the piston drive is in. Is this normal?

Yes it's normal because the light can be used as a clicky.... and a twisty. :)

Latest posts