Alarming Ink on Purchased shorts.

Flashanator

Flashlight Enthusiast
13185123.jpg

Brought some shorts & there is this annoying object on the back pocket.
WTF. I noticed it after I ripped the tag off & throw out the receipt.

Any ideas on how to remove it without getting my shorts covered with ink? :sick2: So stupid for cheap clothes.

EDIT: I just cut the top off with a fine saw & removed the spring & a few other small items fell out allowing the two pieces to undo without releasing the 3 ink containers. Only took ~5mins.

Last edited:

Illum

Flashaholic
Some stores will remove it for you if you go about complaining at the customer rep that the cashier forgot to remove it.
I haven't had any issues but then again it might be my habit to tossing it in the wash cycle a couple times before I start wearing them...

Eugene

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got home once with one of those and it had leaked in the bag. So I drove back to the store and complained that it ruined the last pair of shorts they had in my size and the shirt I had bought to go with the shorts as an outfit and they were lucky the ink stayed in the bag and didn't leak on the back seat of my wife's car as I would hate to have to take them to court over the cost of a new seat. They refunded the purchase pretty quick.

ypsifly

Enlightened
Some of them can be taken off with a magnet. Something about the button being two pieces connected by a male and female tab/slot type system. A magnet will make the male tab retract.

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
You should have left it on, it's a cool fashion statement. ;)

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Yup it comes off with a strong magnet.

I had this happen once before and I didn't have a strong enough magnet. :ironic: So I took a Dermel with the cut-off wheel and carved away some of the plastic on the back side of it (the part without the ink vials). With the plastic gone and the metal under it exposed the magnet I had was then strong enough to do the job. If I'd spent 2 more minutes cutting on the back then the magnet would not of been needed at all.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
You should have left it on, it's a cool fashion statement. ;)

back in my high school, there was a trend going on of people stealing small, valueless items just for kicks. Things like If you are above (sticker denoting height) you need a ticket , "please wear your seatbelt" labels from taxis, and so on, and then adding them to bags, pencil cases, etc......

so yup, its sort of, fashion statement...:whistle:

Crenshaw