SF KL3-HA question

jw2n

Newly Enlightened
I am looking at purchasing a KL3-HA on-line. How can I determine, or question the seller, whether it is a Gen I or II? As I understand it, the difference was a change to a Luxeon III, from a Lux I. Also, I do not find it on the SF site.

Size15's

Flashaholic
"Generations" are a term used by some CPF members and are not definitive.
If you can share a photo it would help us determine what it is.

These are KL3 (original style)
SureFire%20G2Z%27s%20with%20KL3%27s%2064.jpg

The KL3 on the right of this photo is a more recent version
alkl36.jpg

I don't have one that is the most up to date style though...

jw2n

Newly Enlightened
I do not have photos to post. I own neither, and when initially looking at this head, I did not even realize that two versions existed. From what limited information that I have been able to learn so far, is that the 2G, or 2nd version, was built with a Luxeon III. To users, it produced a far better light than the Luxeon I, which was used in the original. No specifics as to how it was "better", except that it appeared to be brighter. This LED conversion is listed as having an output of 19.5 lumens, on a 6v system. Ultimately, I have no way of determining how to differentiate between the two. But, these questions come to mind as a way to tell.

1) Is the output of both rated at 19.5 lumens, or are they different?

2) Were both versions available in HA, or not?

3) Is there an easy way to determine the difference between a Luxeon I and a III?

I am just trying to educate myself before making the purchase. And, as I said earlier, I cannot find it on the SF site. Discontinued?