Which lights to take on holiday

Ralph

Newly Enlightened
I will be on holiday the next 3 weeks, going to Sardena Italy. Will be staying in a remote area of the island. What lights should I take. Main purpose will be (occasional) walks at night. The lights I have are Arc AAA, Inova X5T, Scorpion, E2e silver, M2, UK 2L, Mag 2D, Mag 3D, Mini Mag.

I was thinking to take the Arc AAA for EDC purpose and the X5T for walks in the dark. What brigher light should I take? The E2e? Nice and small. The Scorpion? Nice clickie and beam. Or the M2 so I can use the P61, althought a little heavier. What combination of lights would you choose? (I don't want to take them all).

Ralph

von

Newly Enlightened
I brought an E2, AA Mini Maglite, and a Photon Microlight to Europe recently.

von

iddibhai

Enlightened
AAA on keychain, X5 for walkies, E2e for throw. both of the latter use 123s, so that's good: after about an hour of run in the E2e, toss them into the X5. dont forget spare lamp.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would say, an Arc AAA and your E2e... One for up close usage that can, in a pinch, double as a general light, and the other for good distance spotting.

I would actually recommend you getting a Badboy/Madmax dropin for your minimag if you already haven't. Or if you have a KL1 for your E2e, you should bring that as well... Takes the bite out of using the incandescent, or having one pop out on you while on vacation...

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
no matter which combination you pick i think the arc AAA would be mandatory /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

freewheelin'

Enlightened
I second what Falcon said, be sure to take a spare MN03 or MN02 and a box of batts. No telling what they'd cost or if you could even find 'em.

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Might be good to have in your hotel, or wherever you are staying, just in case. I probably wouldn't carry it around with me, but it would be nice to have it handy.

Lurker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Keep in mind anything you take could be easily lost or stolen, and adds to the weight of your luggage, so keep it to a minimum. The Arc, Inova and E2e should cover all possible needs and be very portable and pocketable. Or if you really wanted to minimize, you could get by with just the Arc and 2L and still be fully covered by non-flashaholic standards.

Mr. Bombastic

Newly Enlightened
On my holiday this year, I'm gonna take my E2E and my Opalec(Badboy when it arrives) Mini-Mag.

A micro-light is always on my keychain anyway, and my Mum EDC's an Inova X5T. Those lights should be MORE than enough.