EZ123 Neutral White or Another Quark Neutral White Emitter

LW-lite

Newly Enlightened
I am still a newbie here but I spent a few dollars in the last couple of weeks and thought I would ask a question before the next purchase.

In the last few weeks I have picked up a Quark AA2, Quark AA (NW), extra AA2 tube, Eagletac P10A, P100c2, M2xc4 (NW) and a Fenix TK40. I think my neighbors are getting fed up with the backyard just after dark!
I also have invested heavily in eneloops and lithium batteries.

For the record I really like the neutral white feel outside as it seems to penatrate through everything alittle more.

My question is... Should I pick up a NiCore EZ123 in NW (with the discount) or just get another Quark but in 123 NW?

parkschr

Newly Enlightened
I have the neutral Quark 1232. It has a great tint. You will not be disappointed.

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have both and they are nice lights but the I consider the Quark to be the better of the two.The EZ123 NW has a couple quirks.I ended up removing some of the foam ring to make the light usable with one hand it required a lot of force(for a twisty flashlight)to turn the light on high.The battery also seems to turn in the light when twisting on,though I am not sure this will be an issue for moderate use.All that said the EZ123 is one of the smallest and probably the thinnest CR123 lights available making it an excellent back-up or discreet carry light.
You could get the EZ123 NW and a Quark CR123 body to use with your current Quark head.I am not unhappy with my EZ123 NW but I already have two NW Quarks.:D

Edit- BTW tint and beam quality on the EZ123 are great.No "CREE rings" despite the use of the XR-E. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

brunt_sp

Enlightened
On the 4Sevens website the EZ123 shows as 180 lumens whereas the EZ123 neutral white emitter version shows as 140 lumens. Is this a typo ?

pobox1475

Enlightened
^ you do lose a little lm's with the warmer tints. Worh while trade off IMO since warm tends to render colors more accurately while offering better distance and texture recognition.

alex_ny

Newly Enlightened
If i was gonna to get quark 123 i would get one without clip. Bezel up and clip location is just to awkward .

Iam considering IncenDio v3 5A just waiting on some reviews first.

HarveyRich

Enlightened
Just a quick FYI. The NW EZ123 is listed as "out of stock" on the 4 Sevens site. So, you might not be able to get it on sale. They were trying to blow out their overstock and it looks as if they've succeeded in this case

jblackwood

Enlightened
Besides being out of stock, you mentioned being invested in lithium batteries. I hope you meant primaries because the EZ123's don't take rechargable Li-Ion batteries, at least they're not designed for it, as per emails I've traded with Nitecore.

HarveyRich

Enlightened
Originally posted by jblackwood:
Besides being out of stock, you mentioned being invested in lithium batteries. I hope you meant primaries because the EZ123's don't take rechargable Li-Ion batteries, at least they're not designed for it, as per emails I've traded with Nitecore.
That's the official (read legal) position of Nitecore, of course. I've had my EZ123 for several weeks now and have used it with both protected and unprotected RCR123 batteries (3.6v) with no problems. The review thread by Selfbuilt has several posts which imply that RCRs should be fine too.