Lights for Varmint hunting

MK9

Newly Enlightened
What (LED) light do you use for night time varmint (ground squirrel, coyote etc..) hunting and how is it mounted to your gun?

MK9

Newly Enlightened
Do we not speak of these here and/or are there no hunters here? :thinking:

AusKipper

Enlightened
Of the lights I own (see sig) only 2 would be effective for this task:

Fenix TK40

Fenix TK11 R2

Though I am sure there are other lights that would do the task.

Billy Ram

Enlightened
I've done a little bit of night hunting mostly deer with permits. In states that's legal the Optronics scope mounted light would be a good one for varmints. Arround here it's not legal to shoot varmints at night with a center fire but I've shot a few coyotes while culling deer at night. We used a large 15 mil candle power plugged into the cig lighter and shot from the back of the truck off a bench rest. I've shot jack rabbits and coyotes in several states where legal to shoot at night. I always had someone holding the light while shooting. You haven't lived till you've shot jack rabbits at night in south Texas.
Billy

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
What (LED) light do you use for night time varmint (ground squirrel, coyote etc..) hunting and how is it mounted to your gun?
If you are serious about hunting, you should definitely try a decent incandescent light. It's like night and day...

freezer filler

Newly Enlightened
I am also trying to decide on a hunting light, is incandescant more natural than led i would like something useful for bloodtracking that isn't glaring at close distances