RA clicky EDC executive

texbaz

Newly Enlightened
Iv'e been looking at the Ra clicky EDC executive light as an alternative to the Novatac 120P. Thinking maybe I can save a few bucks. But, when I read the PDF user manual I'm under the impression that I only get a 10sec burst of 120lm output then it drops to 85lm I then have to turn the light off then on again to get 120lm. Am I reading this right. Seems like it's really just designed for 85lm continuous duty. Right now, I've been carrying an 85P for about 2 years, time to mod up (if I ever get the bezel off) or get another light like the Ra.

oldpal

Enlightened
Yes, you understand correctly. The RA 120E drops down to 85 lumens after about 10 seconds.

Hugh

JJV

Newly Enlightened
Tex, I had the same concern when I was looking at the Clicky. Really, though, the difference between 85 and 120 lm isn't that great in reality, at least to my eyes, so don't let that hold you back if that's your only reason for not picking it up. I was more concerned about the size difference btween the Novatac and the RA. The RA is a substantial light. I really like it though....it "feels" right. The clip leaves a bit to be desired though.

Illumenaughty

Newly Enlightened
You can activate the 120 LM boost as many times as you want with a press of the button.
No need to turn it back off:thumbsup: