2c mag opinions

Tim Carleton

Newly Enlightened
Hi, I've been doing the easy 3d mag p7 with Stefan's and netkidz' multimode setup for awhile now. I want to make a few 2c mag lights for family for Christmas. What I want is more throw than spill. I've made one 2c before and stuck a ssc p4 in it, it does throw slightly farther than the p7 (in my case with a 1a driver) But I was reading up on the k2leds and was wondering what type of beam pattern folks are getting out of their mags with that led. I intent to mod the factory reflector, not order one. Thanks, Tim.

JamisonM

Enlightened
You can't go wrong with a seoul P4. The problem is the size factor of a 2C maglite. What do you plan on the power source being for these lights?

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got a couple of the K2 TerraLux drop-ins. With a stock Mag reflector, the beam is very similar to the SSC P4. Great throw, and mostly artifact-free.

Another member recently posted about his XP-G Mag build. It's worth considering, especially with the R5 bin available.

vegarfo

Newly Enlightened
I've made my 2C mag to a aspherical monster with a R2 led and a AMC 7135 driver, this light blows me and all my friends away, hillarious throw.

lovecpf:thumbsup:

jar3ds

Flashlight Enthusiast
i actually find the 2C size factor pretty limiting for decent power options... I have one right now that I'm working on and i sometimes get so anoy'd with the limitations of it i just wanna buy a 1D/2D or something and start over :)

if throw is what you want you can't go wrong w/ optics as opposed to reflectors

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm just a lazy bum- I put the stock Mag LED module in my 2C. IMO the best part of the Mag module is that it throws pretty good, and its cheap and readily available. I like the 2C form factor too.

Tim Carleton

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the replies, I'd intended to stay with 2 batteries and use the .9v-4.5 volt 5 mode driver that dx sells, but it's limited to 1amp I've put a p7 in this light and used the 3 sub c setup but that's not a good gift setup for normal folks. I'm going to have to try an aspheric setup at some point. I plan on this being a car/truck/home light for the folks so I was wanting to keep it as stock as possible.